Is there any way to have the PFD and MFD popups remember position?

jfwharton

Hello,  I just purchased the Take Command SR22 and am a bit disappointed with some features of the aircraft.  Initially I set up close up views for the PFD and MFD and was then trying to find a popup for the keypad so I could enter information into the displays (namely entering flight plans into the MFD) but I couldn't find any popup for the keypad so that is the first disappointment.  Second I then setup key shortcuts for the PFD and MFD popups.  But those don't remember the positions I move them into so both are a real pain in the tail end.  Is there any way to have those popups (with bezels) retain their positions?  Or is there a popup for the keypad?  Thanks.

I configured buttons on my joystick controller for the PFD popup with bezel and MFD popup with bezel.  Both popup on my main monitor.   When I press those buttons the popups don't come up in a consistent position and when I reposition them the don't popup in the location I moved them to.  Very surprised at this.  I did discover that I can click on the PFD and MFD and have them popup the that is messed up as I have to center the PFD or MFD on my screen view before clicking on them to get them to popup where I can see the entire PFD or MFD.  Again, very surprised that this issue even exists.

In order for me to use the control unit I have to configure a view of the control unit so that it is large enough for me to see it.  I am 67 years old and have a vision issue in one eye, so things don't appear clearly unless they are enlarged.  Once I switch to the control unit view then I popup the MFD and move it so that I can use the control unit.  Another thing is that if I resize the PFD and MFD popups they do not remember the new size so when I start a new flight they are back to the original size.  I am using dual 27" monitors with P3D running on the primary one.  With other aircraft this is not an issue as the popups are either large enough for me to see them clearly or maintain the size if resized.

Edited by jfwharton

The in-sim window popups will show at the location of the mouse cursor when clicked. There currently isn't a method for saving locations of the bezeled-popups. With the 1.2.0 update (currently in development), the popup locations will be configurable for out-of-sim popup window configuration, both for bezeled and non-bezeled popups.

Thank you for that information.  And I need to correct some of what I wrote before.  I checked with other aircraft that have the G1000 and in those where I am able to resize the popup windows they maintain the size of those popups for the flight but the size of the popups return to the default when a new flight is started.  That is also the way the popups work in your aircraft.  However, in other aircraft when I click on the PFD or MFD to generate the popup those come up within the screen area.  In your aircraft they do not in all cases.  In fact, many times, depending on my current view and how I click on the MFD or PFD the popups many times come up off halfway or more off the screen and have to be moved so they are entirely visible.  That would corroborate what you said that they popup based on the mouse pointer  position, something other aircraft do not do.   As I mentioned I can move my viewpoint so that the PFD or MFD is in the middle of the screen before clicking on them to bring up the popups so they are not off the screen.  So that works, but is just a little more inconvenient as I do not have to do  this with other aircraft.  But thank you for your replied and the information you provided.

SR22_1.jpg

• Like 1