G1000 pop out window cover the whole view in VR (SOLVED)

Sims Smith

In VR, when I pop out the G1000 (on captain side), the windows it is just too big. It covers beyond the visual area of HP Reverb G2 and I am unable see anything. I can't touch the "edge" of the window to move it out of sight.  What can I do? Is there a configuration in TBM to configure the initial size of that Window?

Edited by Sims Smith
marked it solved

You can click anywhere on the side of the Garmin (not part of the screen), drag it around the screen until you see the bottom corners of the unit.  In each of the bottom corners, you'll see an arrow (pictured below).  This arrow is only visible when the mouse is over the pop up.  Click on this arrow and drag it in or out to resize the pop up to your desired size.

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 5.05.26 pm(3).png

I can resize MFD (middle screen) because when that one pop open it is not as large as the PFD. I can use controllers to click on the edge as you mentioned.

However, the PFD is a different story because by default the windows is just too large when it pop out in VR.  The VR controller or even 3D mouse can't reach the edge.  Remember Laminar coded VR in a way when they first pop the VR window is sticky to user view.  If I move my position the window follows.  

Do you have any control in code to dictate the default size? Can it be just  20% smaller so the edge are visible and clickable? I am using HP Reverb G2 so this could be a headset specific issue if it didn't come up during testing. 

I deleted my whole output\TBM900 folder and started with fresh frame.  In VR, when I open the G1000 it is still same crazy size.  What was the reason behind making these pop panel such gigantic size in the first place? Even if I could catch the edge, I still have make them smaller every time.  

For reference look at the size of the default map windows which is so much smaller. 

image.thumb.png.1486c2bd828081730a7394e22dd37764.png

I found the cause.  My monitor 2D resolution is 5120×1440 and VR is a fraction of that.  When X-Plane switches between 2D to VR, everything is scaled down except...the G1000 pop up windows.  The solution for me is run XP -> switch to 2D -> click on all 3 pop up in G1000 -> resize them very small -> close all the popup -> switch to VR .

• Sims Smith changed the title to G1000 pop out window cover the whole view in VR (SOLVED)