Climb mode changed?

sidneyschwartz

Thanks much for all the improvements. :)  Has Climb mode been changed? In the previous version it worked perfectly...the pitch changed to match the airspeed to the three bug positions when pressing the Climb button. Now the bug still moves but the autopilot doesn't change the pitch to match the bug...nothing seems to happen.

Clip2.thumb.jpg.3d7082b5c1e7c73285a381577f15ce61.jpg

59 minutes ago, sidneyschwartz said:

Thanks much for all the improvements. :)  Has Climb mode been changed? In the previous version it worked perfectly...the pitch changed to match the airspeed to the three bug positions when pressing the Climb button. Now the bug still moves but the autopilot doesn't change the pitch to match the bug...nothing seems to happen.

It's a know issue and we are working on it.

Thank you. Another pretty odd thing is happening. Here I'm on final. I "raise my seat" a bit for a better view and the view out the windscreen changes to a solid light blue. If I return to the default view, or raise the seat even more, the blue goes away and I can see again. This happens consistently. This also happens on take off once throttle reaches 64% and CTOT engages. Also sometimes when braking after touching down. 

I also notices that the coffee maker I ordered has not been installed. If this is due to a lack of space, feel free to get rid of something useless, like the co-pilot's seat. :)

Clip1.thumb.jpg.21e9caf78536c8176307daaf403e0531.jpg

Yeah, I saw that yesterday, when I finally checked my email, and saw there was an update.  I set up a "standard captain view" like I do in every aircraft with no issue.  Then set up a zoomed captain view like you are leaning forward looking out the windscreen, no issue.  Then I set up my third preferred view which is a pulled back view, as far back as the seat position will allow to give the big picture out the windows and entire instrument panel, and as I moved the POV backward......everything out the window went baby blue.....LOL.  Wonder if it has anything to do with the open windows....LOL.  Not really open, but the windscreens are so clear they are invisible from most angles, and look like a XP9 no glass opening.  But the "blue out" is real, and very reproducible.

5 hours ago, JGregory said:

The reason the "blue" is appearing is because you have moved the camera behind the rear wall of the cockpit.  If you want to see more of the cockpit laterally adjust your FOV, not the camera position.

Respectfully, I don't think this applies to what I was doing. In no case when this occured was I moving the camera position back. In the first case I was moving the camera position up. In all the other cases I did not move the camera position at all. If the "blue view"" appears consistently when I advance the throttle to 64% on takeoff, how can this have anything to do with the rear wall of the cockpit? 

2 hours ago, sidneyschwartz said:

Respectfully, I don't think this applies to what I was doing. In no case when this occured was I moving the camera position back. In the first case I was moving the camera position up. In all the other cases I did not move the camera position at all. If the "blue view"" appears consistently when I advance the throttle to 64% on takeoff, how can this have anything to do with the rear wall of the cockpit? 

I tested it and movement of the camera was the problem, and yes it can occur vertically as well.  Perhaps you have a plugin that is managing head movement on its own?

Yes, I'm using the XPRealistic plugin, so that's probably the culprit. I actually have it set for minimum head movement, as I find it distracting. There's still some very slight movement, though, and apparently tha's enough to cause the problem. Moving the default position of the camera forward a bit helped some....I'll fiddle with it some more til I find the sweet spot. Thanks for your help. 

17 hours ago, sidneyschwartz said:

In the first case I was moving the camera position up. 

That's actually the first time I noticed it too..... I moved up to see a bet better over the instrument panel.  I'm not using any plugin that affects views.

Edited by Tim013

3 hours ago, Tim013 said:

That's actually the first time I noticed it too

Right, as I said vertical movement of the camera could put you outside the prefill object, which is what causes this.

3 hours ago, Tim013 said:

I'm not using any plugin that affects views.

The you shouldn't have this problem as your head (camera) won't move with acceleration/deceleration.