Can't start engine #2 v1.6

Cam

Just now, Cam said:

Cameron,

Just downloaded V1.6 with but I can't seem to get the RH engine started. LH engine starts beautifully. Using Plane 11.52.

Tried it with ground power and just with batteries, but no luck.

Any clues?

Cheers

Not without seeing or knowing everything you're doing. Is the auto-start able to do it?

1 hour ago, Cameron said:

Just knowing if that works for now. If it does, then there's something you're likely missing. It will outline each step it takes, so let's just see how that goes first.

Cameron,

It works fine with the auto-start. I have traced it to the actual CL mapping - if I move the CL with the mouse/manipulator, it seems to find the Start detent and it starts, but if I use my Honeycomb CL and the Torque box to  view where my hardware CL and Aircraft CL are at, it won't start (green box and CL are at the Start position according to the Torque box). No amount of jiggling will find the Start position.

Also, I cannot map my Extreme 3D Pro joystick to the nose wheel steering anymore - it worked ok on 1.5.1, but the mapping doesn't appear to work - my Logitech rudder pedals move the rudder ok, but they wont move the NW steering (and I have the NW steering selected).

I'm busting to get this into the air but can't steer off the parking spot.

Cheers

1 minute ago, Cam said:

It works fine with the auto-start. I have traced it to the actual CL mapping - if I move the CL with the mouse/manipulator, it seems to find the Start detent and it starts, but if I use my Honeycomb CL and the Torque box to  view where my hardware CL and Aircraft CL are at, it won't start (green box and CL are at the Start position according to the Torque box). No amount of jiggling will find the Start position.

You can map both condition levers to 1 axis using a common manipulator that is now implemented.

2 minutes ago, Cam said:

Also, I cannot map my Extreme 3D Pro joystick to the nose wheel steering anymore - it worked ok on 1.5.1, but the mapping doesn't appear to work

Make sure the steering tiller is unlocked and mapped correctly.  The naming of all the commands has been changed for this update.  We understand this may be an inconvenience to those with hardware assignments, and we apologize for this.

2 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

You can map both condition levers to 1 axis using a common manipulator that is now implemented.

Make sure the steering tiller is unlocked and mapped correctly.  The naming of all the commands has been changed for this update.  We understand this may be an inconvenience to those with hardware assignments, and we apologize for this.

Are you saying I can't use my expensive Honeycomb quadrant as seperate CLs as I did on the previous version?

The tiller is unlocked (I depressed the tiller to activate the NWS) and I have it mapped it to NW Tiller using the mapping in XPlane - as per the previous version (I also tried using the custom feature, to the map new les NWS Left and NWS right, with no success. Also, the rudder pedals won't turn the NW either.

15 minutes ago, Cam said:

Are you saying I can't use my expensive Honeycomb quadrant as seperate CLs as I did on the previous version?

We have individual AND a common manipulator for the CL's.  So yes, you can map your hardware individually or using 1 axis.

15 minutes ago, Cam said:

The tiller is unlocked (I depressed the tiller to activate the NWS) and I have it mapped it to NW Tiller using the mapping in XPlane - as per the previous version (I also tried using the custom feature, to the map new les NWS Left and NWS right, with no success. Also, the rudder pedals won't turn the NW either.

What happens if you use the mouse on the tiller?  Do you have hydraulics pressurized?

Hey everyone, I was having an issue as well with the #2 condition lever. 

I found it to be the new lift/move/lower  process that has to happen. When placing the condition lever down in the start position, ensure it is 'pushed' all the way into the quadrant. It can appear like it's not and it stopped me starting. 

Cheers,

Bryce

38 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

We have individual AND a common manipulator for the CL's.  So yes, you can map your hardware individually or using 1 axis.

What happens if you use the mouse on the tiller?  Do you have hydraulics pressurized?

I am able to map both CLs to individual axis, but moving it to the Start position does not properly find the Start detent, no mater how I jiggle it to try and find the detent.

The mouse will not move the tiller either and I have Hyd pressure - both engines started via the automatic starter.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Cam said:

but moving it to the Start position does not properly find the Start detent

We'll look into this over the next few hours.

41 minutes ago, Cam said:

The mouse will not move the tiller either and I have Hyd pressure - both engines started via the automatic starter.

Can confirm.  Noted and this will be looked at.

EDIT:  Just did another test.  With the Saab running, the tiller doesn't move, but the nose wheel does steer with hardware, once the aircraft park brakes are off.

We'll look at the tiller issue.

Edited by Goran_M
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Wansti said:

Chuckson89 hint whas the way for me!!!! After locked in the down position the engines start.

This.  

I was watching someone demonstrate this to me last night, and you MUST make sure the condition levers are pressed into the detents, otherwise the engine won't start.

Maybe I'm not setup correctly, but, when I move my physical throttle quadrant condition levers from cutoff to start, the virtual handles never sink into the detent. No matter how finely I move them around the start area. It works just fine if I grab the CL virtually and move them with the mouse. 

What can I do to use my physical quadrant? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ItchyEye said:

Maybe I'm not setup correctly, but, when I move my physical throttle quadrant condition levers from cutoff to start, the virtual handles never sink into the detent. No matter how finely I move them around the start area. It works just fine if I grab the CL virtually and move them with the mouse. 

What can I do to use my physical quadrant? 

As far as the code is concerned, if the hardware lines up with the detent, which is indicated in the 2D pop up by the text "START", you should have no problem doing an engine start.  The actual detent, which can be used with the mouse, is a separate dataref, and cannot be bound to hardware.  However, I refer to my original statement.  As long as the hardware lines up with the START position, the engines should start.  See images below...

CL levers, indicated by the yellow lines are at START, which is indicated in blue (at the top of the CL range)...

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 2.22.56 pm.png

This will give you an engine start.

This image shows the CL's at FEATHER.  If the engines are not running, and you want to start, they will not start if the CL's are in this position...

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 2.24.08 pm.png

Goran - I can confirm that I can have both levers stating "START" and engine 2 start sequence will not begin when Start Switch pushed to Right Engine.  I had no issues with previous version.  

I have tried using my Saitek Throttle Quadrant (which worked with previous version) and manipulating the actual CL's with the mouse.  Every time I can get engine 1 to start.  Only way I have been able to get E2 to start is with Autostart Sequence.

Love this plane... fly it probably 3-4 times per week.  Was very excited for this update... hopefully this bug can be resolved or you can let us know if some coding changed what we need to do differently to get back flying again.

Thanks for you hard work.

Kevin

• Like 1

I can confirm that the right engine will not start, even though the yellow lines indicate "start". The left engine is good, it's only the right. 

Like I said, using the mouse to "push" it down into the detent will work. But there is something strange going on between left and right. Thanks for an awesome plane. 

• Like 1

Goran - I can confirm that I can have both levers stating "START" and engine 2 start sequence will not begin when Start Switch pushed to Right Engine.  I had no issues with previous version.   ME TOO

And I can confirm, you have to using the mouse to "push" it down into the detent" Only using Saitek Throttle Quadrant it dont work!!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Have you tried physically pushing the CL into the START detent with the mouse?

If it starts when you do this, we can take a closer look into why the other engine starts, but this one doesn't.

I also confirm again that no amount of jiggling the RH hardware CL will allow a start on the RH engine. LH engine starts fine with the LH hardware CL, which demonstrates I know how to set them up, but no go with the RH engine. I can do it with the mouse, but that's not what I want to use.

• Upvote 1