Take Command! Saab 340A v1.6 Update Released!

Cameron

On 2/25/2021 at 7:42 PM, Goran_M said:

Not sure if you understood the post.

The HDG slave is not HDG sync...like some people believe.

The heading slave function slaves the magnetic heading related to present flux detector readout. Since X-Plane now accurately simulates gyroscopic drift and flux_detector errors, HDG slave now functions correctly.

What is the HDG SLAVE button for then? Previously, it could be used to quickly set the heading generator to the HSI.

42 minutes ago, Candid said:

it could be used to quickly set the heading generator to the HSI.

which was modelled incorrectly.

When the directional gyro starts to go out of alignment over time, giving incorrect headings, pressing the HDG slave will align the DG to the AHARS.

3 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

which was modelled incorrectly.

When the directional gyro starts to go out of alignment over time, giving incorrect headings, pressing the HDG slave will align the DG to the AHARS.

Thank you for the clarification. There is little literature on this aircraft.

Hello! In addition to known bugs, Beta lights do not light up immediately after landing. As a result, the power lever from flight idle to ground idle cannot be moved. There was no such problem in the previous version. Also, the main door can be closed when the stairs are released ... Next: the open door alarm on the overhead panel does not work (no illumination). Please check. Basically the update is great, thanks!

1 hour ago, dima436393 said:

Hello! In addition to known bugs, Beta lights do not light up immediately after landing. As a result, the power lever from flight idle to ground idle cannot be moved. There was no such problem in the previous version. Also, the main door can be closed when the stairs are released ... Next: the open door alarm on the overhead panel does not work (no illumination). Please check. Basically the update is great, thanks!

The beta lights have no bearing on whether or not you can move from flight idle to ground idle.  My guess is (if your using hardware) that your hardware levers are out of sync with the manipulators.

We will look into the door problem.

The overhead panel door annunciators are a known issue and are being worked on.

2 hours ago, JGregory said:

My guess is (if your using hardware) that your hardware levers are out of sync with the manipulators

Same behaviour here and I'm quite sure my phyiscal throttle levers are in sync.

Steps to reproduce:
-With throttle levers in sync (I'm only using the hardware levers to control them during the flight), I put the throttles in flight idle (still using the hardware levers) during the approach.
-At touchdown if I retard the throttles, it doesn't move to the reverse area.
-If I move the HW throttles forward a bit and then backward, then they cross the flight idle detent and go into the reverse zone.

Hope it helps.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nicotum said:

Steps to reproduce:
-With throttle levers in sync (I'm only using the hardware levers to control them during the flight), I put the throttles in flight idle (still using the hardware levers) during the approach.
-If I move the HW throttles forward a bit and then backward, then they cross the flight idle detent and go into the reverse zone.

Hope it helps.

Thank!

50 minutes ago, nicotum said:

Steps to reproduce:

Hope it helps.

You need that torque gauge up, I noticed on last touch down if you dont  get it right it can loose sync when you move the power leavers.

I also flew. The autopilot is still unstable. It is necessary to completely double-check all his regimes. On the aileron trim indicator there is a discrepancy in the readings of the arrows deviate asymmetrically. The height adjuster is always in an intermediate position. The numbers are never shown in the center of the window. Always half. It is not convenient to tweak the height with the mouse especially when using plugins with shaking in the cockpit. Why not make it possible to set the height by dragging with the mouse while holding down the key?

saab340a.jpg

54 minutes ago, Candid said:

There is no difference in ITT readings when using heating systems. Or are all de-icing systems electrical?

Wing anti ice is bleed air from the engine with rubber boots, watched them in operation one on the way to Brokenhill one winter years ago, was in a seat at leading edge and we had icing.

In this case, compressed and hot air is taken from the engine, which entails a decrease in air consumption through the engine itself and causes an increase in the temperature of the gases behind the turbine and a decrease in engine power. I didn't see it here. Also, turning on the air conditioning and ventilation system reduces the air consumption in the engine, which reduces its power. And this is not visible here.

37 minutes ago, charraeus said:

Another issue when using hardware-levers: It is nearly impossible to set the right condition lever from "cutoff-" to "start"-detent.
When using hardware levers the detents for the power levers and condition levers seem to be gone. I use the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle.

Try this:

21 hours ago, JGregory said:

The beta lights have no bearing on whether or not you can move from flight idle to ground idle.  My guess is (if your using hardware) that your hardware levers are out of sync with the manipulators.

We will look into the door problem.

The overhead panel door annunciators are a known issue and are being worked on.

we are sure, in the real world, the power levers can be moved immediately to touch-down in reverse mode? 

5 hours ago, Candid said:

I also flew. The autopilot is still unstable. It is necessary to completely double-check all his regimes. On the aileron trim indicator there is a discrepancy in the readings of the arrows deviate asymmetrically. The height adjuster is always in an intermediate position. The numbers are never shown in the center of the window. Always half. It is not convenient to tweak the height with the mouse especially when using plugins with shaking in the cockpit. Why not make it possible to set the height by dragging with the mouse while holding down the key?

saab340a.jpg

I don't understand.  You are going to need to re-phrase what you are describing/asking.

3 hours ago, charraeus said:

Another issue when using hardware-levers: It is nearly impossible to set the right condition lever from "cutoff-" to "start"-detent.
When using hardware levers the detents for the power levers and condition levers seem to be gone. I use the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle.

This is a known issue and will be fixed for the next update.

28 minutes ago, JGregory said:

Yes, int the "real world" the Power Levers can be moved to below flight idle AFTER landing.

I badly explained myself: if the landing speed is high (130/140 kt) the power levers cannot move in the reverse position immediately.

If the touch-down speed is 115/120 kt the power levers work very well.

Is what happens to me with Les Saab 340!

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic