Take Command! Saab 340A v1.6 Update Released!

Cameron

I have a strange question for you:

if I chose to place the Saab on one of these three airports (LFCI - LFCR - LFCK), X-Plane loading freezes on writing "Done with Pre-loading".

This doesn't happend on many other airports, or with other planes.

p.s. Please, don't send me to hell.;)

17 hours ago, JGregory said:

If you map the condition levers to "PROP" then the default keys for prop adjust will work.

Right, if you mean Prop coarse/fine a bit, this is already mapped by default to F3/4 - and it works nicely. However, it appears that detent-functionality then is ignored.

2 hours ago, Suprex said:

Maybe it has already been written? but the CLIMB function execute the command but has no effect.

Olso the captain altimeter does not work the arrow.

Thanks for the attention.

I just completed a flight and the Climb function worked for me. Note, I selected climb by simply mouse-clicking the Climb button on the mcp. If you are trying to use a joystick / TQ button or keyboard assignment, anything configured under the previous version will likely need to be re-assigned (search for ''les'' rather than 'LES' when looking for the commands).

Edit, perhaps I have misinterpreted your post. I can only confirm the INITIAL Climb command worked (setting pitch to match target speed), since I transitioned to a different climb mode rather than trying to select the Climb M or Climb L settings.

Edited by Vostflyer
Clarification

5 hours ago, BlazzerOne said:

I have some weird issues with the throttle. Before taking off I can move it with my hardware throttle the full range from reverse to full power however after touchdown I don‘t get them below flight idle. 

That means your hardware is out of sync with the manipulators.  You can observe this using the TQ Viewer.

3 hours ago, Suprex said:

Maybe it has already been written? but the CLIMB function execute the command but has no effect.

Olso the captain altimeter does not work the arrow.

Thanks for the attention.

1 hour ago, Vostflyer said:

Edit, perhaps I have misinterpreted your post. I can only confirm the INITIAL Climb command worked (setting pitch to match target speed), since I transitioned to a different climb mode rather than trying to select the Climb M or Climb L settings.

no, it doesn't work for me. I click in the button CLIMB, it changes  M-L-H and the marker in the speed indicator, but not the speed and the VSI.

Correct... there is a bug in the climb function and we are working on it.

Edited by JGregory

3 hours ago, JGregory said:

That means your hardware is out of sync with the manipulators.  You can observe this using the TQ Viewer.

I checked it with the 2d panel of the throttle. I have a red line at flight idle wich stops the throttle to go below it. The green bars, which display my hardware throttle are already at full reverse however the throttle in the planes is still at flight idle.

4 hours ago, BlazzerOne said:

I checked it with the 2d panel of the throttle. I have a red line at flight idle wich stops the throttle to go below it. The green bars, which display my hardware throttle are already at full reverse however the throttle in the planes is still at flight idle.

Exactly!  Your hardware is NOT in sync with the manipulators.  Move them so that the green boxes (your hardware) align with the yellow lines (the manipulators).. at which point they will sync and move together.

On 2/23/2021 at 3:27 PM, Suprex said:

I have a strange question for you:

if I chose to place the Saab on one of these three airports (LFCI - LFCR - LFCK), X-Plane loading freezes on writing "Done with Pre-loading".

This doesn't happend on many other airports, or with other planes.

p.s. Please, don't send me to hell.;)

I have similar issue. XPlane freeze on “building world” while placing the Saab on specific airport (LEBL with custom scenery). I didn’t make extensive test but it loads on LEMD for example. No problem with v1.5 or other aircrafts.

Edited by Stef

1 hour ago, Stef said:

I have similar issue. XPlane freeze on “building world” while placing the Saab on specific airport (LEBL with custom scenery). I didn’t make extensive test but it loads on LEMD for example. No problem with v1.5 or other aircrafts.

We're looking into this.  I've run some tests and removed plugins, and it appears X-Plane gets caught in some kind of loop, and it only happens with the Saab, and only at specific airports.  Still not sure what's doing this,  but we'll get it fixed asap.

The HDG slave button does not work for me in any mode. The course pointer is not positioned on the current flight path. It is also unclear how climb mode works. I have to climb in IAS mode. The rest of the model is like. Great work has been done and it has become pleasant to fly. Many thanks to the authors)

1 hour ago, Candid said:

The HDG slave button does not work for me in any mode. The course pointer is not positioned on the current flight path. It is also unclear how climb mode works. I have to climb in IAS mode. The rest of the model is like. Great work has been done and it has become pleasant to fly. Many thanks to the authors)

Point number 1.

1 hour ago, Candid said:

I updated to 1.6 and these are the bugs. The model itself is better, yes.

Not sure if you understood the post.

The HDG slave is not HDG sync...like some people believe.

The heading slave function slaves the magnetic heading related to present flux detector readout. Since X-Plane now accurately simulates gyroscopic drift and flux_detector errors, HDG slave now functions correctly.

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic