Take Command! Saab 340A v1.6 Update Released!

Cameron

1 hour ago, Cristi said:

I didn't have problems with the engines before, temp. or torq., maybe I didn't notice this issues before.

I don't know how you wouldn't notice these issues before.  It was a major part of the update and the engines were severely affected by the new XP11 engine model before this update.

1 hour ago, Cristi said:

Also I didn't change noting in the controller and is simply not working!

The landing gear is new, and the next update will address the command for assigning a key press or button press to toggle it up or down.  But for now, we ask that you use the mouse to click on the gear handle and drag it up or down.

1 hour ago, Cristi said:

But to came with the plane with no throttle on landing, I think is the ultimate dream for an airliner :))... usually with the plane fully configure you have to apply some thrust, otherway the plane normally is falling from the sky!!!

Perhaps your AoA is too low on landing.  We've checked the new flight model against the charts, and the Saab pilots who helped us have checked this.  We're comfortable with the way the flight model handles now.

Thanks for the clarifications.

Many of the changes maided in this update I didn't notice, or bother me in the past!...and apparently they were a lots. 

One to another the plane is great, other way I wouldn't buy it!

I will adopt the flight to the new changes.

P.S. - I didn't want to make "snarky remarks"  if it was an email address, were to send all this comments. But we don't have a choice and have to posted here on the forum!

Regards,

32 minutes ago, Suprex said:

when I select NAVS R the knobs CRS1 and CRS2 they both only move CRS2.

We're looking into this.

30 minutes ago, Cristi said:

Thanks for the clarifications.

Many of the changes maided in this update I didn't notice, or bother me in the past!...and apparently they were a lots. 

One to another the plane is great, other way I wouldn't buy it!

I will adopt the flight to the new changes.

P.S. - I didn't want to make "snarky remarks"  if it was an email address, were to send all this comments. But we don't have a choice and have to posted here on the forum!

It's ok.  We're still going through some teething problems, and an update will be issued very quickly.  They are very small updates, and we won't make people wait any longer than they need to.

6 minutes ago, Loek said:

Thank you for the update. However I don't get it installed (tried 3 times; also without any firewall/virus service active).

Make sure Windows Defender also is not running.

Cameron comes here regularly, and hopefully he will have a solution for you.

1 hour ago, Loek said:

Goran, thanks.
No WD running. 4th time try: No success. I hope Cameron will have a suggestion (or anybody else). Thanks again.

Wait. Is X-Plane running while you’re downloading?  If it is, Gizmo cannot install. You need to shut down X-Plane. 

Edited by Goran_M

I, too, am having problems with V1.60. Can't bind flaps to Saitek throttle quadrant Lever #1 (worked in V1.5.1), can't bind AP/YD eng/disc to yoke toggle switches (worked in V 1.5.1), landing gear lever on switch panel not working, again, it did in v1.5.1. I guess I will have to wait for an update. I really enjoy flying this aircraft and have reverted to V1.5.1 for now.

On 2/21/2021 at 9:56 AM, TimNewst said:

The S340A-osx-installer.app returns an error when attempting to uninstall the currently installed version on my Mac.  Can you help please?

TimNewst -Did you see Cameron's response to my similar problem?

If you updated to Catalina or Big Sur. The Uninstall S340 program in the X-Plane/X-Aviation folder has to be deleted. I also deleted the S340 from my Aircraft/X-Aviation folder and the Gizmo file from the resources/plugins folder first.

Edited by BillyJB
Member name ommitted

I seem to be having problems starting the right engine. When I first start the left engine and then try to start the right nothing happens. I have tried to start the right first but still the same result. The auto start works OK.  I have been following the start procedures closely thinking I may have missed something but can't see where I have.

During a couple of test flights if I disengage & then re-engage the AP the Alert signal will not stop even if it re-engages. I have to ignore it and turn down the sound slider.

I have re-installed the program in the event something was amiss but still had the same results.

Any ideas?

10 minutes ago, Alphonso said:

I have made sure the condition lever was in start but still won't start.

We're looking into why this is working for the left engine but not the right engine.  For now, we ask that you push the condition lever into the detent by using the mouse manipulator (just left click and push it in).  This will start the engine.  

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic