M20R Ovation III Pop-out for G1000 - No AFM commands to be found

Graf Aviator

Hello !

I am trying to get the Mooney Ovation pop-out window working for my G1000 without showing any bezels on X-plane 11.51

The G1000 I am using is the VF1000 from Virtual Fly, M20R collection installed is the newest version off of your website. At first I have followed the Virtual Fly instructions to copy a "no bezel" PNG file but this approach only works for the standard G1000 planes like the Cessna 172.

I then searched the web and found different approaches, one was to copy the no_bezel file to the Mooney resources directory but then I found at totally different information which instead of copying a file suggested to use e.g. a keyboard command in order to pop out the G1000 window and then switch of the bezel. However, the AFM commands are nowhere to be found. When I look under joystick and keyboard setting in X-Plane there are no afm or *bezel* commands showing up anywhere in the search. I have tried to reinstall the Mooney M20R package twice to no avail.

I was also trying to find a manual or installation instructions within the aircraft directly structure but unfortunately could not find anything.

Can you please help me to get this sorted ?

Thanks, TC

Hi TC,

In the X-Plane joystick window, pick the command you want to set, (or you can go straight to keyboard and go from there).

1080180861_CleanShot2021-02-15at09_46_36.thumb.png.0e125a11fd3eaa9ab9d9edc1d1530bf7.png

Search "afm" and then in that list there should be "m20r" and under that, find "popup". The commands you would want are shown:

358028924_CleanShot2021-02-15at09_47_03.thumb.png.5a3914e3ef34365e755caab609e5cf50.png 

Thank you very much for your quick response!!

I have tried exactly what you had written, however this is where the problems is: I do not have any AFM commands listed. If I search for AFM or M20 or bezel it does not show me anything. 
I can fly the Mooney though. So it is installed but it seems the commands are just missing.

Like I mentioned before I have already reinstalled the M20R Collection twice. 

Any idea ?

Thanks TC

Edited by Graf Aviator

Thank you for the explanation!

I was not aware of this, thought that all commands are always loaded and are selectable. 

You were right, all the commands are there now after loading the Mooney and I was able to assign commands to the keyboard. G1000 pops out without a bezel. 
Everything works perfectly now!

Best regards TC

Edited by Graf Aviator
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A related question. When the G1000 displays are popped out do they still operate as normal if the Xplane view is set to outside only. I.e. No 3D cockpit shown. I have had issues with other developers aircraft that require the 3D cockpit to show. I want to be able to only show outside view. This question also applies to SR22 and other G1000 equipped models.

Wanting to purchase but need this to work.

9 hours ago, flyer10au said:

A related question. When the G1000 displays are popped out do they still operate as normal if the Xplane view is set to outside only. I.e. No 3D cockpit shown. I have had issues with other developers aircraft that require the 3D cockpit to show. I want to be able to only show outside view. This question also applies to SR22 and other G1000 equipped models.

Wanting to purchase but need this to work.

It is an X-Plane limitation. 3D view is required for the customized G1000 in all our aircraft (and to my knowledge, all customized G1000 aircraft for X-Plane). With the SR22s, we do have a config option that can be enabled to stop all object rendering in the interior views.