Flashing in cockpit view

stubby2

I am currently running Sky Maxx Pro 4.9 and Real Wx Connector 1.2 with Active Sky for X plane. I have run into a very odd problem. I am getting flashes in the cockpit view when flying through heavy clouds. I have not seen this occur in any external view. When I turn off SMP the problem stops. I tried turning down the cloud draw distance and turning off all non essential feature such as terrain blending etc but that did not help.  I also tried turning off ASXP and using default wx. I do not see this problem except with heavy cloud cover. In benign conditions things look ok. 

I have no idea what this is. 

Weird. All I can do is guess as I haven't heard of that happening before... make sure your video drivers are up to date, and you might want to experiment with your HDR and anti-aliasing settings. Some drivers have trouble with certain combinations of HDR and AA. Of course a plugin conflict is always a possibility as well.

Edited by sundog

• 3 weeks later...

I have been playing around with some settings and it appears that Vulkan may have been the problem. I turned it off and flew for about 15 minutes in heavy clouds with no problems. I'll report back if anything changes. 

Udate: I just installed Skymaxx Pro 5.0. I turned Vulkan back on and got no flashing. Problem seems resolved.

Edited by stubby2
  • Upvote 1