BN-2T Turbine Islander v1.0.1 Update Released!

Cameron

Captains,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.0.1 update for the BN-2T Turbine Islander. All customers who have purchased the BN-2T Turbine Islander up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the BN-2T Turbine Islander from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.0.1 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original BN-2T Turbine Islander download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

Improvements / New Features:

• Added engine failures for significant over-torquing
  • Added throttle and mixture lever detents
  • Added multi-sided prop disc logic
  • Added Alt. Static Source switch

Bug Fixes:

• Elevator trim limits adjusted
  • Fixed HSI misaligned texture with night lighting
  • FMOD improvements
  • Updated libraries to resolve mt_uploader crash at launch that few users were experiencing
  • Right altimeter baro setting fixed
  • D/G-Slew Indicator added

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy this latest update, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sorry guys but this doesn't work for me. I downloaded the update, the turbine islander ran in 2d but as soon as I went into vr it crashed x-plane. Tried it a few times with the same result. Now it just crashes x-plane when I try and load it at all...piston islander still works fine. I'm using oculus rift S, now I did notice an oculus update at the same time I initially loaded the turbine, so just checking my other aircraft to see if they still work. I'll monitor the forum to see what other feedback you get in case it's just my system.

I was able to download the update.

Ran the Windows installer, everything works well up until old version removal and the app crashes.

I'm not in a rush, I'll wait a week to see what happens. 

Update: I sent in a ticket with info and in no time at all my problem was solved. I had a bad uninstaller file (problem was my end). The file was removed, the aircraft updated, GTN750/650 work and the throttle/condition animations are bang on...well done and Thank You Cameron

Edited by Draggendrop
update info

Update installed on an iMac with no problems at all.    Trim is sort of better, but still needs a lot of down trim to fly level, no matter how I load the plane.  The trim is no longer on the "down" stop, but the way it is, I can hardly think I'd ever have to move it to the "up" area at all.......  maybe for very slow flight, but I haven't tried that yet today.  I'd love to know where Coop thinks is a reasonable trim position for level flight, and, say, just the two crew on board.  So, some improvement, but I'm still not convinced it is how it should be - although I've never flown an Islander RW ;)

3 hours ago, johnjohn said:

Sorry guys but this doesn't work for me. I downloaded the update, the turbine islander ran in 2d but as soon as I went into vr it crashed x-plane. Tried it a few times with the same result. Now it just crashes x-plane when I try and load it at all...piston islander still works fine. I'm using oculus rift S, now I did notice an oculus update at the same time I initially loaded the turbine, so just checking my other aircraft to see if they still work. I'll monitor the forum to see what other feedback you get in case it's just my system.

2 hours ago, Draggendrop said:

I was able to download the update.

Ran the Windows installer, everything works well up until old version removal and the app crashes.

I'm not in a rush, I'll wait a week to see what happens. 

If you can send your log.txt file (located in the main X-Plane folder), we should be able to debug what is going on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diamonddriller said:

Update installed on an iMac with no problems at all.    Trim is sort of better, but still needs a lot of down trim to fly level, no matter how I load the plane.  The trim is no longer on the "down" stop, but the way it is, I can hardly think I'd ever have to move it to the "up" area at all.......  maybe for very slow flight, but I haven't tried that yet today.  I'd love to know where Coop thinks is a reasonable trim position for level flight, and, say, just the two crew on board.  So, some improvement, but I'm still not convinced it is how it should be - although I've never flown an Islander RW ;)

If it is just the two crew on board at a fast cruise, I would expect near full down trim. This plane is not designed to fly empty.

@Coop  OK.  I still seem to need a lot of down trim, no matter how I load the plane, however I obviously accept your explanation.  The trim quadrant markings are heavily biased to the up position, which would seem to indicate that the manufacturer expected one to need quite a bit of nose-up trim at some time.  Or, was it the fact that they would have used the same part from the avgas version, and it bears little relation to the expected behaviour of the turbine version?   I find the differences in loading the two varieties quite interesting.  The swapping of the avgas engines for the turbines seems to have made a significant alteration to the W&B situation.   Anyway, they are fun to fly, and I'm enjoying using them - and that's what it's all about :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johnjohn said:

OK, hopefully log.txt is attached. btw it works ok in openGL, just Vulkan it crashes. 

Log.txt 116.56 kB · 1 download

It looks like the fix in the latest libacfutils didn't fully address the issue for everyone, in the meantime while we are working on a fix, there is a workaround to prevent this from happening:

In X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/TorqueSim BN-2T Turbine Islander/plugins/is_systems/settings, there is a file settings.cfg. Open that file, and set the line "disable_mtuploader" to "= 1" (it is 0 by default). Loading the aircraft after that should then be without issue.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Coop said:

It looks like the fix in the latest libacfutils didn't fully address the issue for everyone, in the meantime while we are working on a fix, there is a workaround to prevent this from happening:

In X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/TorqueSim BN-2T Turbine Islander/plugins/is_systems/settings, there is a file settings.cfg. Open that file, and set the line "disable_mtuploader" to "= 1" (it is 0 by default). Loading the aircraft after that should then be without issue.

That's fixed my system crashes :)...thank you for the quick response, it's much appreciated.

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic