TBM 900 v1.1.13 crash x-plane 11.50

flanker21

Hello,

I have the problem that after start the TBM x-plane crashes as you can see in the log.txt with 

2021-02-09 07:53:13 xtcas[xplane.c:678]: This is X-TCAS version b4a4bb2 (confopts: VSI:0 STYLE:1 GTS820:1)
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: X-TCAS/mac_x64/X-TCAS.xpl}==--

maybe someone can help me.

X-plane is a clean installation without any adding.

Thank you

Log.txt

You appear to be running High Sierra, which is no longer supported.  I suggest you update to at least Catalina, for now.  However, you seem to be using an NVidia GTX Titan in perhaps an older Mac Pro (with an Intel Xeon).  Those graphics cards had to have their firmware flashed to run Mojave and above.   You may see other posts where the graphics card has proved to be an issue with the TBM.  Macs run with AMD, not NVidia.......   Whether that is the root of your problem, it is hard to say, but it is fair to comment that you are trying to run one of the most complex planes sold for X-Plane on pretty old and unsupported hardware, and on an unsupported OS.   As a thought, see what happens if you just delete the X-TCAS plugin.  It may not work, but it just might...........

Edited by diamonddriller

Interesting that Cameron says they've bumped 11.1.13 up to be still supported in Mac OS X 10.13 (not supported in 10.12 anymore), but Apple are reputed to have stopped support for High Sierra.  The last security update for it was in November, and several companies have stopped supporting their software in it now.

In theory, according to the update list, it should work for you, though.  

As X-TCAS is not mentioned in the TBM docs., I still think it may be worth a try at getting rid of it, as I wouldn't have thought that it would affect flying the plane in any way.  Skiselkov wrote the plugin, and he says it's updated to work OK in OS X 10.13, so .....??

If 11.1.12 works, then quite why the latest version crashes is something that Goran may have an idea about.

Edited by diamonddriller

3 hours ago, diamonddriller said:

Skiselkov wrote the plugin, and he says it's updated to work OK in OS X 10.13, so .....??

Unfortunately this is what Apple says SHOULD work. It's evident it doesn't. The target is selected at compile time. As it's so old, we were not personally able to test. It's clear it doesn't.

15 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Unfortunately this is what Apple says SHOULD work. It's evident it doesn't. The target is selected at compile time. As it's so old, we were not personally able to test. It's clear it doesn't.

Not trying to be contrarian, impatient or disrespectful by any means here, just sharing some info that I hope might help troubleshoot - but if I pull out the TBM plugins one by one, the next plugin in the list gets the blame in the XP11 Log for the crash. Is it possible that it's not the plugins themselves? 

The TBM was one of the best performing planes I had in XP, I'm only pressing a little because I'm disappointed that one of my faves has become unusable after only a few months. Thanks as always for your patience here. If you aren't able to get a 10.13 compatible build going, will you make a 1.1.12 download available?

1 hour ago, UtilityDuck said:

Is it possible that it's not the plugins themselves? 

It just means that because you've taken out one plugin not compatible, the next is now barfing because it's also not compatible.

For Apple, compiling is done with target selection and you hope for the best. The problem is, Apple begins to remove previous OS compatibility as time goes. It's likely that some library is no longer compatible.

If you aren't able to get a 10.13 compatible build going, will you make a 1.1.12 download available?

I would not count on 10.13 compatibility from here on out, and if you need 1.1.12 you can send an e-mail to support@x-aviation.com stating such.

Honestly, there's no reason to hang on to 10.13, and if you are, it's likely for an app and you should re-evaluate. Apple is going to keep pushing forward, and you're going to get left further and further behind. Finding alternative apps is probably a better idea.

15 hours ago, Cameron said:

It just means that because you've taken out one plugin not compatible, the next is now barfing because it's also not compatible.

For Apple, compiling is done with target selection and you hope for the best. The problem is, Apple begins to remove previous OS compatibility as time goes. It's likely that some library is no longer compatible.

I would not count on 10.13 compatibility from here on out, and if you need 1.1.12 you can send an e-mail to support@x-aviation.com stating such.

Honestly, there's no reason to hang on to 10.13, and if you are, it's likely for an app and you should re-evaluate. Apple is going to keep pushing forward, and you're going to get left further and further behind. Finding alternative apps is probably a better idea.

Thank you Cameron. I'll try to track down 1.1.12. I am up to date everywhere else, including my own development machine - I just keep the XP11 system on 10.13 because the NVIDIA driver isn't official, so if I ever get stuck between the OS update and the driver update at least I know I can fall back on the original GPU for a few boots, it's non-Metal and stuck in High Sierra. 

I just keep the XP11 system on 10.13 because the NVIDIA driver isn't official, so if I ever get stuck between the OS update and the driver update at least I know I can fall back on the original GPU for a few boots, it's non-Metal and stuck in High Sierra. 

That's a fair point. I forgot about NVIDIA support being so long ago already!

Message: I would like to inform you that this update does not work on my X-Plane11.50.
It always keeps loading the plane and does not advance. Other times it crashes the X-Plane 11.50.
I no longer have the knowledge to resolve this issue. So I ask for help.
Thank you very much if you can help me.
Name of product(s) - Put N/A for none: Hot Start TBM 900

My OS is Win 10 and CPU:Intel Core i5 4670K

My Graphic is NVidia GEForce GTX970 and 16Gb DDR3

• 2 months later...

I am on macOS Mohave,  2.4 GHz Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR, Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB, and i have the same issue. Have not received a solution either.

2021-04-12 10:24:59 xtcas[xplane.c:678]: This is X-TCAS version b4a4bb2 (confopts: VSI:0 STYLE:1 GTS820:1)
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: X-TCAS/mac_x64/X-TCAS.xpl}==--

Still waiting for someone from the support team to help me overcome this problem.

1 hour ago, falconfly63 said:

I am on macOS Mohave,  2.4 GHz Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR, Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB, and i have the same issue. Have not received a solution either.

2021-04-12 10:24:59 xtcas[xplane.c:678]: This is X-TCAS version b4a4bb2 (confopts: VSI:0 STYLE:1 GTS820:1)

Still waiting for someone from the support team to help me overcome this problem.

Mojave is too old of an OS to run the TBM on.  Please consider updating to, at least, Catalina.

• 4 months later...
17 hours ago, Jose Pires said:

Dear friends
After I start X-Plane when I choose TBM X-pane starts loading TBM and
while still in the .acf file the X-Plane goes down.
I send x-Plane and TBM Logs together
TKS for your help.
José Pire

Log X-Plane.txt 132.33 kB · 1 download TBM900_Log.txt 5.55 kB · 0 downloads

You have SCEL scenery installed.

Please check this post.