Circular Overcast

Fab10

Hi,

It may be a genuinely mistaken perception of mine that I often feel SMP V5 has brought me full circle back to those first iterations of SMP when clouds were presented in a most distinctive circle around the users aeroplane.

RWC was, I believe, meant to place clouds in a their rightful place within weather systems and fronts, and yet I am not feeling this these days.

I feel that my settings are modest, insofar as I'd like to crank them right up, especially the cloud cover, but then my FPS will be adversely affected. I don't even use volumetric as then I lose other facets of SMP that I cherish.

Long ago, despite being an ASXP user, I even purchased the 64-bit version of FSGRW in order to maximise the well documented inter-connected features of SMP/RWC and FSGRW.

Whilst I could trade off some XP11 graphical settings and preferences to gain definition elsewhere, must I now upgrade my GPU in order to regain my SMP-led atmospherics (even though GPU's are in short supply)?

I'm just curious, that's all, as I'm just not getting the same "feel" for things as once I did.

Thanks,

Fabio

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in replying. 

My bad, all of it. 

Having previously temporarily rolled back to SMP V4, with hindsight, I will agree with your statement that there is no difference between versions (2D; like for like).

Perception and memory coupled to heightened anticipation are strong and influential players.

From a subjective standpoint, the loss of some primary 2D features under volumetric settings significantly reduces the appeal of this latest version despite its impressive capability.

I will close by saying that my stalwart use of SMP products recently brought X-Aviation an additional sale, and this particular user is delighted with his purchase - and rightly so. 

Thanks.