Crash to Desktop When Loading HotStart TBM 900 (Vulkan)

MDDXP

You have quite a few plugins loading.  I also see the GTN loading.  Have you implemented this into the TBM or is it just loading on the side?  Try removing it and see if it crashes.

If it still crashes, you may have to remove all 3rd party plugins, and then testing again.  If it doesn't crash, replace your plugins, one at a time until it crashes, then post back results.  We can then determine if we can work around the crash or if it's something in the plugin causing it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Goran_M said:

You have quite a few plugins loading.  I also see the GTN loading.  Have you implemented this into the TBM or is it just loading on the side?  Try removing it and see if it crashes.

If it still crashes, you may have to remove all 3rd party plugins, and then testing again.  If it doesn't crash, replace your plugins, one at a time until it crashes, then post back results.  We can then determine if we can work around the crash or if it's something in the plugin causing it.

Hi Goran! Thank you for your quick reply! I will be testing, and will report my findings back to you.

Best,

Mike Dart

This looks like it might be the “airport name too long” issue that a user had today. The offending scenery was for SCEL, but could be any with a name longer than 48 characters, if I recall. The name comes from parsing the apt.dat file in airport scenery. See if you might be able to remove some obvious candidates and try to narrow it down?

• Like 1

Son of a gun... turns out this whole time that Pils was correct! I have SCEL_International_Santiago_Chile_v2.0 in my scenery folder which had a ridiculously long name in the apt.dat file! I renamed it to 1   1555 1 0 SCEL Arturo Merino Benítez. Loaded up the aircraft, and everything works like a charm!

Thank you guys a million, time to enjoy this sleek bird.

Best,

Mike Dart

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...