TBM 900 v1.1.13 Update Released!

Cameron

TBM900_Log.txtLog.txt Hi

Ever since the last two updates I have been unable to complete a flight. The TBM either freezes my MAC or CTD. This does not happen with any other aircraft.  I have attached the log files for your review.

I am running Mac Catalina 10.15.2

Any clues are appreciated and let me know if you need any more information.

THANK YOU

James

10 hours ago, JamesD said:

TBM900_Log.txtLog.txt Hi

Ever since the last two updates I have been unable to complete a flight. The TBM either freezes my MAC or CTD. This does not happen with any other aircraft.  I have attached the log files for your review.

I am running Mac Catalina 10.15.2

Any clues are appreciated and let me know if you need any more information.

THANK YOU

James

You have quite a few plugins loading, and any one of them could be conflicting with the TBM or with X-Plane.  

First thing to confirm is if the crash is happening at a specific location.  If it is, it is very likely the scenery could be the cause.

If not, what I would suggest is you download a demo copy of X-Plane, install the TBM into that, and test.  If it doesn't crash (which it likely won't), start adding the plugins you have in your original X-Plane install until it crashes.

I also have a Mac, and am having no issues.

3 hours ago, JamesD said:

when I disconnect the autopilot the aircraft does a nosedive.

This is a definite sign that the trim linkage is broken.  Most likely from a tail strike or the aircraft "dropped" onto the apron when you loaded it.  Check the maintenance manager for airframe integrity.

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, lorema said:

Thanks for your prompt reply. I'll be waiting some answers from other users .

Here is an example of what happens: In autopilot mode I set the altitude and the climb rate . The yellow chevron will never reach the purple one .

I installed V1.1.13 but the climb and descent rates are completely erratic under autopilot mode. Did anyone else experiment this priblem which never occured under the previous version ?

The problem is the autopilot doest follow the Flight director, the FLC button does nothing

On 4/6/2021 at 5:15 PM, oldflyguy said:

Hello @lorema!  Just to make sure.  You are setting climb with FLC and selecting the proper speed for each segment of the climb, correct?  I've not experienced any hiccups with climb or descent with autopilot since initial release.

With initial release everything goes like on wheels. I think I will give up using this new version .

Edited by lorema

I’ve had no issues with the climb or descent performance using the autopilot- as long you adjust the power lever to keep within limits.

Another thing to consider is the weather settings - XP is rubbish right now for weather so much so you’re better off disabling auto weather and manually set your own 

I returned to version 1.13 and for a test deactivated Skymaxxpro from the plugin admin , it is now ok, no more vs nor descent bug, autopilot follows the FD . Thanks to everyone for your help. I someone could  pleaseexplain to me the incompatibility with Skypro i would appreciate .

• 1 month later...

My xplane keeps crashing everytime the airplane starts to load even before it shows up.

below is the message that keeps showing up in the log.

TBM900[helpers.c:799]: assertion l < cap failed (0x36 < 0x30)

i alredy reinstalled the airplane, cleand my plugins folder... but nothing is working.

it started to happen after i did the update.. 1.13

thanks for your attention..

The SCEL scenery has a very long airport name in it that's hitting a bug in the TBM's navdata parser.
You can temporarily work around this issue by going into the scenery, there should be a subfolder named "Earth nav data", inside which you'll find "apt.dat". Open it up in Notepad and near the top should be a line that looks like this:
1 1555 1 0 SCEL Arturo Merino Benítez International__de X-plane octubre-2016

Just trim down the name at the end by deleting the "__de X-Plane..." stuff and save it. Then it should load fine.

• Like 1