TBM 900 v1.1.13 Update Released!

Cameron

1 hour ago, Madhex said:

I have similar setup like yours running Mojave 10.14.6 and am having same error here. It's too bad that more and more plugin just wouldn't work in Mojave. 

Unfortunately Apple forces this. As they update major versions of the OS, they make it so that old versions cannot even be targeted or work more. I believe a big reason for this is also to get you, as their customer, to move to the next OS.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UtilityDuck said:

Reconstituting my Custom Scenery folder one by one seems like a lot of work when there none of my other add-on planes has an issue. Any chance we can be more specific? The TBM900 log attached shows a segmentation fault after the audio_init line?

TBM900_Log.txt 7.53 kB · 0 downloads

Why don't you at least do steps 1 and 2? That should take you a matter of seconds.

2 hours ago, UtilityDuck said:

Thanks for your reply Cameron - sorry, I meant to say that I'd already tried. With an empty, fresh Custom Scenery dir I'm getting CTD during loading. 

Log.txt 28.33 kB · 1 download

Can you remove Marginals Autogate, CustomSBDatarefs, LivaTraffic and TerrainRadar and try again.  Please post back results.

Hi Cameron, thank you for the update and all your hard work, however I’m having issues with latest update, localiser needle not showing up at EGMC, when I flip flop the nav frequency the needle momentarily appears then disappears immediately, it’s present at EGKK, but ident is for the opposite end of the runway, ie IGG instead of IWW. Alpha gauge working fine, just localised issues, I’d very much appreciate any advice, thanks

6 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Can you remove Marginals Autogate, CustomSBDatarefs, LivaTraffic and TerrainRadar and try again.  Please post back results.

Thanks for your kind assistance, Goran. Unfortunately no change, Log.txt is attached. 

The attached is with an untouched fresh TBM install - but trying to troubleshoot earlier, I pulled out X-TCAS and the crash still seemed to happen but complained about the next plugin in the list, and so on as I continued doing the same. I did get it to not crash once by temporarily moving ALL the plugins folders out (including systems) but of course had some weird behaviour in the sim. 

The TBM900_Log.txt and Gizmo logs don't seem to have been touched in any recent launches, modification date is still from yesterday, but both are attached too, in case there is anything there. 

Log.txt TBM900_Log.txt GizmoLog.txt

57 minutes ago, UtilityDuck said:

Thanks for your kind assistance, Goran. Unfortunately no change, Log.txt is attached. 

The attached is with an untouched fresh TBM install - but trying to troubleshoot earlier, I pulled out X-TCAS and the crash still seemed to happen but complained about the next plugin in the list, and so on as I continued doing the same. I did get it to not crash once by temporarily moving ALL the plugins folders out (including systems) but of course had some weird behaviour in the sim. 

The TBM900_Log.txt and Gizmo logs don't seem to have been touched in any recent launches, modification date is still from yesterday, but both are attached too, in case there is anything there. 

Log.txt 57.51 kB · 3 downloads TBM900_Log.txt 7.53 kB · 0 downloads GizmoLog.txt 1.85 kB · 0 downloads

Gizmo is failing to load.

I _might_ be able to fix this for the next release, but no promises.

You're on macOS 10.13 which is aging and Apple does it's best to make it hard to compile for older systems.

I'm compiling for macOS from an M1 machine so everything is shiny and new and not always straight forward when building for intel cpus.

For now, don't use the Gizmo beta...

2 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

Gizmo is failing to load.

I _might_ be able to fix this for the next release, but no promises.

You're on macOS 10.13 which is aging and Apple does it's best to make it hard to compile for older systems.

I'm compiling for macOS from an M1 machine so everything is shiny and new and not always straight forward when building for intel cpus.

For now, don't use the Gizmo beta...

Thank you Ben. Undoubtedly many planes of existence lower, but I have done some macOS development myself too so I can sympathize about the difficulty targeting older versions (not to mention the endless variety of hardware, mods and other plugins your users add to the mix). 

Reinstalled fresh with stable Gizmo, plugins out and empty Custom Scenery folder - still CTDing :/ Logs are attached again if anyone has another moment or is curious. Thanks to all that have helped so far. 

I foolishly didn't back up my TBM folder before upgrading, any chance I could download the last step version if I keep having issues with the update?

GizmoLog.txt Log.txt

So, thanks for the advice. I updated my os to "Big Sur"* (with Monterey, a beautiful small foggy town in California where I lost my wallet twenty years ago) Thankful to see this aircraft keeping up-to-date. Well worth it.

On VATSIM the TBM9 is doing excellent, I'm in there for two and a half hours, no more CTD's. I had a bit trouble on the ground with trimming the pitch up and down with my assigned/binded 4-way-button on my joystick, but once airborne it somehow found its way again. It runs very smoothly for now. Thanks for all. All the best.

And...now I can continue my World Tour...
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/228981-ph-scy-2020-world-tour-to-antarctica-with-the-tbm900/&tab=comments#comment-2057701

(that'll keep me of the streets during lockdown)

*) too bad that, because of the new os, I had to ditch Adobe CS5, MSOffice for mac and Citrix, but I stretched the use of those old bastards too long anyway...Affinity and the latest Pages/Numbers are great alternatives...although I did not find a nice open-source for Dreamweaver in order to maintain my website...but hardcoding html can do the trick until then.

Edited by Mindyourstep

Hello everyone

I’m having the same problem too: for some months now, I've flown the outstanding TBM-900. Everything worked perfectly. But after having updated the aircraft to version 1.1.13, the TBM 900 cannot be loaded anymore. Either it causes X-Plane to crash to desktop, or the loading process freezes.

So, after reading the posts above, here’s what I did:

• Redownloaded the update-file and went through the process of uninstalling current version/installing new version. This process didn't cause any problems
  • Disabled all custom sceneries and plugins (except Gizmo) by using XOrganizer, which produced the same results (crash to desktop/loading freezes)

So next, I tried the following:

• Renamed the custom scenery folder into Custom Scenery_bak
  • Created a new empty folder and named it Custom Scenery
  • Renamed the plugins folder (in the Ressources-folder) into plugins_bak
  • Created a new empty folder and named it plugins

Unfortunately, that didn’t resolve the problem either. I noticed that whatever I did, the loading process stops at a point where the log file says:

TBM900[libhud.c:419]: assertion "0" failed: dataref "sim/graphics/view/current_gl_fbo" not found

Does anybody have an idea about what is missing here? I'm running X-Plane 11.41 and I don't have any issues with other planes.
Below are my log-files: one with all my sceneries and plugins (WithAllLog), the other one without any sceneries nor plugins as listed above (WithoutAllLog)

WithAllLog.txt WithoutAllLog.txt

4 hours ago, clearprop said:

Hello everyone

I’m having the same problem too: for some months now, I've flown the outstanding TBM-900. Everything worked perfectly. But after having updated the aircraft to version 1.1.13, the TBM 900 cannot be loaded anymore. Either it causes X-Plane to crash to desktop, or the loading process freezes.

So, after reading the posts above, here’s what I did:

• Redownloaded the update-file and went through the process of uninstalling current version/installing new version. This process didn't cause any problems
  • Disabled all custom sceneries and plugins (except Gizmo) by using XOrganizer, which produced the same results (crash to desktop/loading freezes)

So next, I tried the following:

• Renamed the custom scenery folder into Custom Scenery_bak
  • Created a new empty folder and named it Custom Scenery
  • Renamed the plugins folder (in the Ressources-folder) into plugins_bak
  • Created a new empty folder and named it plugins

Unfortunately, that didn’t resolve the problem either. I noticed that whatever I did, the loading process stops at a point where the log file says:

TBM900[libhud.c:419]: assertion "0" failed: dataref "sim/graphics/view/current_gl_fbo" not found

Does anybody have an idea about what is missing here? I'm running X-Plane 11.41 and I don't have any issues with other planes.
Below are my log-files: one with all my sceneries and plugins (WithAllLog), the other one without any sceneries nor plugins as listed above (WithoutAllLog)

WithAllLog.txt 33.67 kB · 0 downloads WithoutAllLog.txt 75.21 kB · 0 downloads

Best thing you can try, that is, pretty much failsafe, is to install a fresh, clean copy of X-Plane, and then install the TBM.  If the TBM works in a clean copy of X-Plane, that's a sure fire indicator that there is something wrong with your original installation of X-Plane.  The problem with xOrganiser is it doesn't prevent plugins from loading.  It just disables them after they load.

21 hours ago, clearprop said:

You need to update to X-Plane 11.50+

The dataref causing the issue was introduced in 11.50 and gives us better drawing speed and higher FPS because there's less GPU-driver-stall.

Good evening to you all

Many thanks for your replies. All of you were right with your answers.

Following Goran_M's advice, I installed a fresh copy of X-Plane on a different volume. Since I purchased X-Plane on DVD, the version was 11.30. Then I installed the TBM, which caused X-Plane to show me an error and shut down (see Log File attached).

According to Ben Russel's advice I then updated the 11.30 to 11.52r1 ........and here she flies again!!!

@ akatham: good to know that!

Huge thanks to all of you!

Log.txt

4 hours ago, clearprop said:

Good evening to you all

Many thanks for your replies. All of you were right with your answers.

Following Goran_M's advice, I installed a fresh copy of X-Plane on a different volume. Since I purchased X-Plane on DVD, the version was 11.30. Then I installed the TBM, which caused X-Plane to show me an error and shut down (see Log File attached).

According to Ben Russel's advice I then updated the 11.30 to 11.52r1 ........and here she flies again!!!

@ akatham: good to know that!

Huge thanks to all of you!

Log.txt 25.53 kB · 0 downloads

Next step is to isolate the plug in causing you problems.  Add plugins back, one at a time, and loading the TBM each time, to see which one is causing the crash.  Then we can determine is if it's something for us to address, or something for the developer of the plugin to address.

3 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Next step is to isolate the plug in causing you problems.  Add plugins back, one at a time, and loading the TBM each time, to see which one is causing the crash.  Then we can determine is if it's something for us to address, or something for the developer of the plugin to address.

The root cause is the TBM plugin not falling back to the old OpenGL calls.

The TBM now _requires_ X-Plane 11.50+

There may also be other code in the TBM that also requires 11.50+

• Like 1

Why do I hear an engine when I open  the TBM.. I only hear it inside not outside. and it stops after it is started...

I am Using:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019

3.6 GHz Intel Core i9

64 GB 2667MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 48 8GB

macOS 11.0.1

Xplane 11.52r1 (64 bit)

X55 Saitek Pro Rhino Stick
X55 Saitek Rhino Throttle

Log.txt

6 hours ago, drh said:

Why do I hear an engine when I open  the TBM.. I only hear it inside not outside. and it stops after it is started...

I am Using:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019

3.6 GHz Intel Core i9

64 GB 2667MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 48 8GB

macOS 11.0.1

Xplane 11.52r1 (64 bit)

X55 Saitek Pro Rhino Stick
X55 Saitek Rhino Throttle

Log.txt 96.16 kB · 0 downloads

Unable to reproduce on my end.  If you remove the ground handling plugin, does the sound go away?