TBM 900 v1.1.13 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.1.13 update for the TBM 900. All customers who have purchased the TBM 900 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the TBM 900 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.1.13 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original TBM 900 download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

Improvements / New Features:

• Aircraft will automatically default to the X-Plane experimental FM
  • Performance improvements to panel rendering code should result in less CPU time being eaten up every frame.
  • Integrated new GCU478 keypad commands for stock G1000 integration.
  • Migrated to new OpenAL 1.21.0 build to resolve some issues with the
  • Default audio device sometimes not being detected properly on Windows.
  • Added option to disable popup clickspots in VR under "Configure Visual Effects".
  • Added support to blink the MIC light on the audio panel when using xPilot.
  • New command mappings INI for RSG hardware.

Bug Fixes:

• Window centering would sometimes cause a window to appear off-screen.
  • LOC/VOR arming could crash due to a NAN value being attempted to be filtered.
  • Additional hardening against somebody engaging stock X-Plane autothrottle.
  • Reduced engine oil quantity life, because we should be burning oil a bit faster.
  • Increased engine oil quality lifetime, the oil should last a LONG time.
  • TAS system hardening in case NAN values are returned by X-TCAS.
  • Bottom TCAS antenna wasn't touching the fuselage.
  • Engine torque display on EICAS wasn't correcting for X-Plane TP engine model quirks.
  • Nav data parser wasn't compatible with new X-Plane 11.50 navaid format, breaking the localizer receiver.
  • DME range wasn't being displayed
  • AoA indicator was black
  • Rain effect should work under Vulkan (might require selecting "Low").
  • Incorrect logical inversion could wreck havoc in autopilot CDI switchover logic.
  • MacOS: Bumped macOS deployment target to 10.13, since 10.12 is no longer supported.
  • Fixed rain effect not appearing in the right eye in VR under Vulkan
  • Fixed the HUD bleeding through the glareshield.
  • UI scaling would break rendering in the Maintenance Manager.
  • Mac build would crash due to querying non-existent OpenAL context for error information
  • Mouse interaction with the oxygen mask wasn't correct when using UI scaling.
  • Librain fix for ice effect flickering in the left eye in VR.
  • Climb/cruise torque bugs aren't supposed to go away when gear deployment signal is missing.

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Hello TBM 900 team,

I received the email, Yessss !!! I will install it and be able to fly with the TBM 900 again.

Our customers will have had to wait several months but the list of improvements seems very professional and for that it takes time, so BRAVO. So, I'm leaving you because my TBM is waiting for me at the GA parking lot at LFMN. :)

Cordially

Hi Cameron.  Here's an odd Mac thing.  On Catalina 10.15.7.  The installer stayed in the dock after it was quitted, and it would neither restart from the icon, nor could I "force quit" it!  That's never happened before - that I can remember, anyway.    Actually, it may be connected to the fact that the installer did not seem to connect to your server when it asked for my login details (which were inserted correctly), but it just hung with "next" grayed out.  I cancelled that installation and then started again.  That second try connected instantly, but it did sit there for a while before doing the Gizmo installation.  The whole installation went fine, so no problem.  Unusual, but there you go.  That installer closed normally, and it's dock icon went away, stilll leaving the first one there.   I could not get rid of that icon, and I couldn't even see the process in Activity Monitor.  The Mac would not restart, because it claimed I had to quit the installer, but it did shut down normally (after a bit of a wait), and everything was gone, of course, when I rebooted.   The joys of software :-) 

O dear, I tried loading it five times. Four times directly from X-plane menu: Immediate CTD before loading;
Fifth time, first load scenery with default Cessna, then load TBM9: Immediate CTD.

Attached flies are X-plane's Log.txt and the mac os x crash report.

Further specs: Mojave 10.14.6 on an  iMac Retina 5K, 27", end2015, 4GHz i7, 32GB, AMD Radeon M395X 4096MB

(no "TBM900_Log.txt" because of early crash)

-->

Log.txt  

-->

macosx_crashreport.txt

edit: The 6th time I repeated loading the Cessna, then disabeling plugins: Terrain radar, World Traffic, WorldTrafficRadar, XRAAS
to check out if multiple TCAS-using plugins might be the culprit. Result: with all those plugins disabled also: Crash to Desktop.

__

All the best,

Edited by Mindyourstep
update
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mindyourstep said:

Further specs: Mojave 10.14.6

Our guess at the moment is this is probably the issue.

With the way Apple works, it's a rock and a hard place at times with Xcode and how they force developers to "drop" old versions of MacOS. Your OS is long in the tooth. I would consider at least upgrading to Catalina.

Hello,

Just updated to the new v.1.1.13 and no luck to get it working. I had CTD while loading and decided to uninstall it and re install it and now the issue is that it stays in the screen attached. I had to close the program . I am also attaching the log file. I restarted and started the SR22 and no issue at all.

Hope you can assist me in finding a solution as this is the BEST BIRD ever !

Best,

LC

TBM Issue.jpg

Log.txt TBM900_Log.txt

@Lcperu

Seems to be related to a custom scenery pack. One of them has an insanely long name in the airport name, and it's causing this to hiccup. You'll need to narrow down which scenery pack it is. Best way is probably to:

1. Re-name Custom Scenery to Custom Scenery_Bak

2. Create a folder named Custom Scenery

3. Manually move each scenery pack over till you find the one causing the issue

Thank you so much for this update. Your TBM 900 is the only plane i fly in X-Plane i love it:) can't go back to anything else.

I have a few little question regarding this new update.  1. Do i have to delete the current state of the airplane and start a new one (does it create conflicts with the old state)

2. Is it now possible to read AIRAC data directly from the Custom Data folder without overwriting the X-Plane default data?

Thanks again for your great work.

Best regards