Turbine Islander Avionics Bus bug?

Tassierob

I am not sure the avionics bus is wired the correct way? When I installed my GTN750 I selected the avionics bus to power it. The GTN then comes on instantly, even if the switch is off on the dash. Further  to my confusion if you turn off the Avionics switch and the main Battery bus the GTN stays on! Definitely not the right behavior as this would indicate the avionics bus is always powered???...or should I be selecting a different bus to power the GTN?

Just looked at the GTN ini.  file to and noticed the power source is main battery. This means the GTN would be on while doing the engine start which would risk damage in the real plane. Also goes against the check list where the avionics is turned on after start.

Yes, the avionics bus is forced on for other issues with overriding some default X-Plane behavior. We are looking into methods to be able to circumvent this, but without the electrical power source options on the GTNs being customizable on our end, there isn't much we can do in the meantime. Default GNS behavior should be proper with the avionics bus customizations.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MozzersMonkey said:

I too have a problem. The plane has been working great but tonight I loaded it up and the avionics are not working(No power) Also the throttle doesn't work unless i load and reload the aircraft.

That sounds like an entirely unrelated issue to what was previously mentioned. Can you upload your log.txt file after that happens?

I can't find the Log.txt can you tell me where it is located it's not in the BN2T folder. The RXP 750 is working but no Xponder, Bendix autopilot, the Garmin GNS430,or when the RXP 750 is 'disabled' the default GNS 530 is power off.

Hahah! sorry sorted now I am an idiot! the battery needed a charge and avionics are on now! Apologies :rolleyes:

Edited by MozzersMonkey