SkyMaxx Pro v5.0.6 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 5.0.6 update for SkyMaxx Pro. All customers who have purchased SkyMaxx Pro v5 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase SkyMaxx Pro v5 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 5.0.6 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original SkyMaxx Pro v5 download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• Fixes lightning and storm cloud artifacts that were turning black and texture-less due to a bug from re-factoring code. This likely also solves some CTD situations seen.

As always, thanks for purchasing from X-Aviation!

6 hours ago, xtcund said:

since first release, that i get no weather. i have real world connector and it doesnt appear on the skymaxx menu over plugins. on the first release, i had that submenu, but since first update it is gone and i always have clear weather. can you help?

Did you install the Real Weather Connector 1.2 update? You need that version for it to work with SkyMaxx Pro 5.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cameron said:

There's a window behind that says to activate. You need to do that.

1. I completely deleted all the projects in x-aviation.
2. Downloaded the new SMP v5.0.6 installer.
3. Launched the program x-plane 11.52
4. Entered the registration, pressed enter data and I get such a window

Saab 340 did not install.

I can’t use SMP, please take a look at the solution to this ridiculous problem

Maybe this is due to the fact that I have Windows 7???

210449060_b738-2021-02-2119_54_02.thumb.png.87ebc154cf2b30c4a599d9588ee8dab7.png

Edited by maksimus1650

7 minutes ago, Cameron said:

@maksimus1650

I don't know why you chose to do this after you had things working. Unfortunately now I don't have an answer and you may need to wait quite a while.

You should have left things working the way they were after we dealt with it in the Saab forums.

I understand you, I jelly myself.

It's just that after successful activation I decided to manually go through the reactivation and now this is the problem ((((

1. Running the simulator after installation:

1847784357_b738-2021-02-2120_09_05.thumb.png.e87f1944687c070088ab75907fd61c7f.png

2.  I enter my registration data:

2096312639_b738-2021-02-2120_09_35.thumb.png.f73f60dee58edbb5b2ff8fbb8414145a.png

3. After clicking activate:

354175725_b738-2021-02-2120_10_40.thumb.png.369d93b743ca9ac24103d7ad24bfb8c4.png

4. After a couple of seconds it returns to the activation window

369225104_b738-2021-02-2120_11_10.thumb.png.f57cbbc85ffd047f7b060a8f6ba7f1b3.png

P.S. Now Saab and SMP not works(

5 minutes ago, maksimus1650 said:

This is amazing. How can this affect?

Because software moves on, libraries get updated, and now you're hoping and expecting everything to work on an 11 years old operating system.

Apple doesn't even allow things to work on 4-5 year old operating systems if they're built on the latest.

I didn't bother to ask you about what your OS was because that's so old and long ago. I had come across answers last night that did correlate the issue to Windows 7, but being as old as it is I looked over it. It may be that you can no longer run these things until you upgrade (or run the old Gizmo and downgrade the Saab to the old version).

2 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Because software moves on, libraries get updated, and now you're hoping and expecting everything to work on an 11 years old operating system.

Apple doesn't even allow things to work on 4-5 year old operating systems if they're built on the latest.

I didn't bother to ask you about what your OS was because that's so old and long ago. I had come across answers last night that did correlate the issue to Windows 7, but being as old as it is I looked over it. It may be that you can no longer run these things until you upgrade (or run the old Gizmo and downgrade the Saab to the old version).

This is sad for me, since there is no financial opportunity to buy a new OS

9 minutes ago, maksimus1650 said:

If you need more information, I am ready to provide

Unfortunately not. As now this has been installed on thousands of machines and I don't have anything from anyone else like this. Diagnosing something on an operating system that old is not going to be something I can do, so your options are:

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 when you're financially able

or

2. Downgrade the Saab 340A to v1.5.1 (you can request this via X-Aviation support) and manually install the old Gizmo version where things worked.

11 years old is just too long gone in the world of software and hardware at this point.

2 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Unfortunately not. As now this has been installed on thousands of machines and I don't have anything from anyone else like this. Diagnosing something on an operating system that old is not going to be something I can do, so your options are:

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 when you're financially able

or

2. Downgrade the Saab 340A to v1.5.1 (you can request this via X-Aviation support) and manually install the old Gizmo version where things worked.

11 years old is just too long gone in the world of software and hardware at this point.

And with the transition to win10, do you guarantee correct operation?

19 hours ago, Cameron said:

I guarantee you resolution on our end. At least then I can work with you if something is actually wrong, but I'm 99% confident this really is the problem.

I have updated windows to version 10.
After entering the data, GIZMO asks for the name of the machine. What should I write here?

I'm sorry, I'm just afraid to make a mistake. Thanks!

1236573025_a320neo-2021-02-2215_56_53.png

WinVer.jpg

On 2/22/2021 at 5:50 PM, Cameron said:

Great! Enjoy! :)

Hello and very sorry, but I had to reinstall my new windows 10 again.

After resetting, I wanted to run the simulator.
the GIZMO plugin asked me to re-enter the registration data.
I enter and he asks me to do something, I don't understand what

When I write the name that I remember, the activation does not occur. What should I do?

1. After starting the simulator, I see such a window

X-Av.thumb.png.58a8e4bc98757b6bb617930e1650848d.png

2. After entering the data, I see this

X-Av2.thumb.png.49c388c712c8d59b9c2b1490c3bc7857.png

3. I write the name that I remembered during the last activation and I get this window

X-Av4.thumb.png.98aa165ca396109c2dd39db799265ad6.png

I don't understand what I need to do

Forgive me for this

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic