Terramaxx suddenly crashing

sidneyschwartz

I've been using Terramaxx with XP 11 for almost two years without any problems. Now suddenly it crashes my system every time it tries to load textures. I've run the XP installer to verify the XP files. I've uninstalled Terramaxx, downloaded a fresh copy of the install program and reinstalled it with no problems or errror messages. If I run XP with Terramaxx turned off, all is fine. If I set Terramaxx to Auto, or manually select a season to load, I get the usual message that the textures are loading, and then a spectacular crash. The system is completely locked up, mouse and keyboard useless, and I can't call up the task manager. My only option is to manually power down the computer. I haven't recently made any changes to the system or to my XP installation. Terramaxx is an important part of my XP experience and I'll be bummed if I can't get it working again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.