Skymaxx Pro 5.0.5 issue

Yorkshire

Hi

I purchased the Skymaxx pro v5 upgrade from ver 4 and installed with no issues. Soon there as an update, 5.04, installed with no issues. Then I downloaded another update 5.0.5 and get the following message at the end of the install process “Unable to download component SkyMaxx Pro; Component file version does not match.”

I have no idea what this means! All I know is that it doesn’t seem to install and I am left with nothing. Please tell me what is going on and what needs to be done to rectify this situation.

Thanks

Thank you Cameron - have carried that out and it worked. Have no idea why that didn't happen previously as I used the installer that unpacks with the download. Did it perhaps use and old installer already present in the previous version? Anyway, pleased to have the latest version up and running.

Yorkshire

8 hours ago, Yorkshire said:

Hi

I purchased the Skymaxx pro v5 upgrade from ver 4 and installed with no issues. Soon there as an update, 5.04, installed with no issues. Then I downloaded another update 5.0.5 and get the following message at the end of the install process “Unable to download component SkyMaxx Pro; Component file version does not match.”

I have no idea what this means! All I know is that it doesn’t seem to install and I am left with nothing. Please tell me what is going on and what needs to be done to rectify this situation.

Thanks

I had roughly the same problem. When I first downloaded the SMP v5.05 installer, SMP installed fine. On first launch, I then checked the configuration box for volumetric clouds -- nothing happened/changed, and afterward I was unable to clear this setting; i.e., the checkbox was "stuck" on.

So I tried to re-install v5.05 (several times) using the same installer and began receiving the error above. After reading this post, I re-downloaded the v5.05 installer and this fixed the installation problem, but not the stuck checkbox problem.

EDIT: I now see that the volumetric setting is mutually exclusive with other cloud type settings -- you apparently can't have both checked at the same time. The volumetric clouds definitely don't help my FPS.

Edited by kentwerickson
Update

Used Skymax Pro 5.0.5 but framerate are horrible (8-10). Sometimes 17-20 but not higher even when flying above the North Sea. Using Volumetric Clouds and FS real Weather (in combinatie with RWC). Slider for clouds is halfway (31k sq km) all other stuff is marked off (except for cloud shadows).

I have an I7 9700k, 2070 OC 8GB GPU and 32 GB RAM (and SSD). I bought this product because of the promising features (higher framerates as Sky Pro v4 and volumetric clouds) but so far I am disappointed.

Hope you will release a version that solve these bug fixes (especially low framerates), thanks!

image.thumb.png.a7e2cd4da9bd61369c27de45cc0c0199.png

6 minutes ago, RH1972 said:

Is this the right place to adress issue with Skymaxx Pro 5.0.5? I am asking this because I get no reply....

No, this topic was for some reason not posted in the SkyMaxx section.

That said, volumetric clouds are highly dependent on the pixels you're pushing, and the AA level you're using in your X-Plane rendering settings. After now having thousands of copies in the wild, we're finding that most of any complaints we are getting are a combination of unreasonable AA for volumetric clouds and a high pixel screen. At some point something's going to give.