FMC error when inserting or modifying Route

novato X11

Greetings I am having several errors and crashes in the FMC, when I try to change any parameter type SID, STAR, IAC or altitude in any fixed, Example: fixed type UGVUV 250 / FL090A when I try to change to

UGVUV 240 / FL090 the FMC locks, when changing an arrival, the altitudes of the fixed points of this new arrival are all wrong. I have AIRAC updated by NAVIGRAPH and noticed that inside the folder X- Plane-11> Aircraft> X-Aviation> IXEG 737 Classic> fmc_data: there is a note pad folder with the following description: This_is_Aerosoft.txt. Does Nav_data think I'm using Aerosoft AIRAC instead of NAVIGRAPH? is that not generating these errors. Attached logs of what happened .... thanks for your attention.

Edited by novato X11

It is hard for me to tell what problem you are actually suffering from. Entering restrictions into the LEGS page should mostly work, although the plane will often not meet them in VNAV. The file "This is Aerosoft.txt" file should not matter if you updated your navdata correctly with Navigraph data. It is not read by the code.

We are currently rewriting the vertical navigation code, this should make the plane adhere to restrictions, both from the database and also from user entry.

For now I would suggest not adding/changing any restrictions and just achieving them with selected autopilot modes (vertical speed or flightlevel change).

Cheers, Jan

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Litjan said:

achieving them with selected autopilot modes (vertical speed or flightlevel change).

yes Litjan I will do it .... thanks, as you said the FMC needs to go through a review in VNAV mode until then I will continue to have fun with this beautiful classic aircraft whether flying interacting in the MCP manually with failure or without failure the important thing is to simulate. Greetings and thanks you are always considerate here on the forum.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Claudio Guidomaluccio
  Tue, 02/16/21 9:46 pm  

Litjan,
One thing I’ve noticed today simulating an engine failure right after take off: After completing all recall-actions and non normal checklist I’ve decided to return to my departure airport. Well, on the CDU route page as well as on the DEP/ARR page ,there was no way to insert and/ or select from my departure airport any kind of Arrival procedure ( neither STAR nor Terminal Approach procedure..) . 
In few words it looks like that , once departed ,(if something goes wrong..)there’s no way to come back to the departure airport.....Is it a known/existing bug or am I missing something?
Thank you for your help.
All my best
Claudio Longobardi 

Hi Claudio,

we are missing the option to select arrival procedures for your departure airport (which is present in the real plane)  - but there is a simple workaround: You can simply overwrite the DEST airport with the ICAO code for your departure airport (on the RTE page) and should then be able to select all arrival procedures for it.

If you ever want to "erase everything" in your flightplan, simply enter a new (or the same) ICAO code in the ORIG field of the RTE page and that clears the whole flightplan.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

Hallo Litjan,

thanks for quick and very clear reply.....ok...than the same goes in other add ons I use ( Milviz B350 also requires you to manually delete the arrival airport...)......And....yes...I’m also a real Airline pilot and there is definitely an easier  way to do the same in the real aircraft;-)))))....anyway...Thanks for your very nice add on. I most often use PMDG 737 ngxu ( which is also the aircraft I fly in real life..) and yours is definitely my favorite ( the last “Classic “ I flew on pc was Wilco’s 733...which is now to be considered very old..).

thanks again and congratulations for your marvelous add-on.

cheers

claudio

Arrivederci Litjan!!!!...before I forget!!...do you have any idea where can I get some runway performance charts?....I’m using Topcat but it has no performance tables for the “classic”....so far only the NG is supported :-(((

p.s: it goes without saying that calculating the assumed temperature without EFB or PerfCharts is simply uncanny...

Buona sera Claudio,

unfortunately I don´t have any runway weight charts for the Classic - we never had personal copies (they were on board the aircraft) until in 2000 or so we switched to calculation of take-off performance on our laptops/EFBs.

So I can´t really help you with those, finding them on the internet is also impossible...for simplification reasons you can go with the 35 - 45 - 55 rule. 35 for "performance challenged" takeoffs (short runway, obstacles, contamination), 45 for heavy and 55 for light aircraft. Most runways in Europe are really long enough for the 737 and obstacle performance is only critical at a few (LSZH, LEBB, EDDS,...).

Buona notte, Jan

• 2 weeks later...