SMP 5 crashes XPlane when changing cloud textures a few times

larsras

Hello,

X-Plane 11 11.51r1, using SMPv5 5.0.6 and FSGRW and RWC.

When i have changed the cloud textures a few times then XP crashes, and log says due to plugin SkyMaxx Pro...

It is not a problem of RAM space!  I have 32 GB is a lot of free space when this happens!  (I specify that I do not use volumetric clouds pad).

Second problem: clouds with black textures are sometimes visible with Cumulus Swept.

I am on the verge of roll back to v4 .....!

Help!

•  

• 1 month later...

I experienced some cases where, with highly detailed scenery, X-Plane simply stalled (rather than CTD) on loading new updates of weather from ASXP. After reading this thread and suspecting memory issues might be it I switched off cloud shadows - my fps doubled and no more stops during flight (so far at least).

It is not very user friendly however to have to run at lower settings than we would otherwise, just because the memory requirements go up when the weather (clouds) change during a flight. Its only a temporary need for more memory.

Jumping to a different cloud type is not nice to see but perhaps a gradual fade-out followed by a fade-in (instead of both at the same time (if I understood correctly) might be made an option?