SkyMaxx Pro v5.0.5 Update Released!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We did just find and fix a bug here that could lead to rendering errors and possibly even a crash if thunderstorms (cumulonimbus clouds) are present. If you crashed after flying through stormy weather

Hello All, This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 5.0.5 update for SkyMaxx Pro. All customers who have purchased SkyMaxx Pro v5 up till now have been sent

Video card is RTX 1060 and my resolution is 2560 X 1080.

Posted Images

19 hours ago, 777-300 said:

Still loving the clouds, but I have experienced a couple of crashes.  Hopefully this helps your engineering of V5.

my computer:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)
Processor 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9
Memory 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB***

Log.txt 187.71 kB · 1 download 5.05 2nd crash.pdf 155.67 kB · 1 download

These are the settings I am using with 5.05 when experiencing crashes.1189446213_SkyMaxx5.05settings.thumb.jpg.258de1a345ee4fd40adfb51ed31ebd56.jpg

Sky Maxx 5.05 Graphics.jpg

Found a solution here in another topic, i re-installed v5 and selected no volumetric clouds in all categories.

Works fines now ... even if i don't really see now something better than the lastest v4 :) . I'll try to check volumetric  clouds on future releases 

Edited by stefbid
9 hours ago, 777-300 said:

Will do.

I turned the AA down a notch and unfortunately had another crash. If I go all the way down on the AA the plane starts to have the crinkle cut/zig zag look.  I  am unable to use the volumetric clouds because the frame rates are just too low. 

My computer:

Log.txt

1 hour ago, 777-300 said:

I turned the AA down a notch and unfortunately had another crash. If I go all the way down on the AA the plane starts to have the crinkle cut/zig zag look.  I  am unable to use the volumetric clouds because the frame rates are just too low. 

My computer:

Log.txt 704.99 kB · 0 downloads

May well be teh AMD drivers they never very good.

• Like 1

We did just find and fix a bug here that could lead to rendering errors and possibly even a crash if thunderstorms (cumulonimbus clouds) are present. If you crashed after flying through stormy weather, that might be why. I'll be handing off a 5.0.6 build soon to fix that.

Apart from that issue, you should be able to find a compromise between AA and performance that works for you.

• Like 2
  • Cameron locked and unpinned this topic