VR Clouds any improvements form the few of us using VR?

Jonnti46

Yes, I've noticed that supersampling has a large effect on cloud performance. I'm on a Rift CV1 which is the lowest resolution headset on the market (1080x1200/eye). I doubt anyone coming here with an Index (1440x1600/eye), Pimax 4k (1920x2160/eye) or Reverb G2 (2160x2160/eye) will manage to achieve anything with volumetric clouds in their current state, although to be fair I'm not sure how Reverb G2 users manage to run X-Plane in the first place. It's a bit of an unrealistic target, at least at native resolution.

We'll let you work your magic, but honestly I had a few flights where I was pretty blown away with the visuals. You certainly did amazing stuff with that ! But I can't help thinking that there's some room for a visual downgrade in VR if you ever need to go that way. Also in VR we don't tend to focus on the details in the distance since the display clarity doesn't really allow to fully appreciate these.

Edited by benjaprud