SkyMaxx Pro v5.0.1 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 5.0.1 update for SkyMaxx Pro. All customers who have purchased SkyMaxx Pro v5 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase SkyMaxx Pro v5 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 5.0.1 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original SkyMaxx Pro v5 download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

IMPORTANT:

Today we received numerous reports of terrible performance when it came to frame rates, and even crashes. Upon further investigation, we came to the realization there was a situation where XPRealistic and SkyMaxx Pro v5 would cause major issues in the depth buffer and create a big memory leak. After discussing the matter with the developer of XPRealistic, we have an understanding of why this is happening, but we don't know when he will have time to make any changes on his end. We understand there is a lot of excitement around release time, and there's nothing more disappointing than having clashes like this. Because of that, we are releasing an emergency patch to hopefully rectify this situation, at least temporarily. We are doing this at the risk of there being a bug or two, but we feel it's important to have you up and running for the weekend.

It is also possible that any aircraft or plugins which made changes to datarefs used for head tracking, ground, and head shake simulations were also playing into this.

As a side note, always remember to monitor your GPU and CPU times when tuning your X-Plane rendering settings. Evaluate your needs of antialias settings. We find a good setting if your GPU is running slower than the CPU is to set your X-Plane antialiasing to 2X SSAA+FXAA. There is not a whole lot lost in doing this.

Here's what's changed in version 5.0.1:

What's New / Changed:

Core code changes to prevent depth buffer clashes with XPRealistic.

As always, thanks for purchasing from X-Aviation! We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you more in the future!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Impressive response!  Kudo's to the team.  Full disclosure - XPRealistic is a "cute" plug-in but not one I would miss terribly if interaction with another plug-in caused a major issue.  Still, it's a fun type of plug-in and I hope that dev will continue to work with you folks.  Thanks!

• Like 2

Whilst I’ve yet to test V5.0.1, I would like to express my gratitude to Cameron and Sundog for going above and beyond. 

The easy approach would have been to wait for XPR to issue a fix, instead, recognising the excitement and expectations set by a new ground breaking product, you opted for an interim SMP V5 patch to get your customers going.

Respect.

Great customer service will always be rewarded by loyal customers.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PM1970 said:

sn't the old v3 and v4 customers have a discount this time ? At least I didn't receive any email concerning it, and I tried to add the new version on my account it appears 39.95 to be paid...

v4 customers, yes. Not v3.

Looking at your account, you unsubscribed from our e-mailing system in 2015. Therefore, you were not sent a discount.

Please e-mail support@x-aviation.com for assistance.

1 minute ago, Cameron said:

v4 customers, yes. Not v3.

Looking at your account, you unsubscribed from our e-mailing system in 2015. Therefore, you were not sent a discount.

Please e-mail support@x-aviation.com for assistance.

Hi Cameron, 

Strange that, I've bought v4 in 2017...

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic