Installed V5 - Real world weather menu not visible

globenomaden

6 hours ago, TheFiddler14 said:

I'm having the same issue.  However, I performed a fresh install of SMP 5.0.5 followed by RWC 1.2 and the RWC menu item is still not showing up under the SMP plug-in menu.  On top of that, despite it being overcast and raining, I'm getting no clouds showing up either (even though rain is falling).  

Log.txt 487.77 kB · 1 download

I see you are using Active Sky XP as well... be sure to review the Real Weather Connector manual for instructions on connecting ASXP with RWC and SMP.

Based on your log, it seems something is constantly changing the storm severity in X-Plane (specifically the sim/weather/thunderstorm_percent dataref) and I think this may be causing some problems. It's possible there is some other plugin conflict going on here, and you have quite a few installed. You may need to temporarily remove plugins until you find the one that is interfering.

3 hours ago, sundog said:

I see you are using Active Sky XP as well... be sure to review the Real Weather Connector manual for instructions on connecting ASXP with RWC and SMP.

Based on your log, it seems something is constantly changing the storm severity in X-Plane (specifically the sim/weather/thunderstorm_percent dataref) and I think this may be causing some problems. It's possible there is some other plugin conflict going on here, and you have quite a few installed. You may need to temporarily remove plugins until you find the one that is interfering.

Understood Frank.  The challenge I'm having is that the Real-World Weather menu item is not showing up under SkyMAXX Pro, so I can't configure it to use FSGRW / ASXP / External Injector.  Perhaps this is causing the issue with the the continual thunderstorm updates if ASXP and RWC are not working together and both trying to inject weather into the simulation at the same time.  Here's the snapshot (with both SkyMAXX and RWC installed).

Any advice on being able to access the RWC settings would be great.

Cheers,

Derek

image.png.0670daea6b5c971d05410bc5669cd51a.png

Just an update - I fixed the issue with RWC not showing up in the SMP menu.  I deleted the Gizmo64 plugin folder, then reinstalled SMP and RWC using the Gizmo64 Stable option versus Beta (which I had done before).  This seemed to reinitiate the X-Aviation licensing and now it is showing up.  Once I re-entered my licensing information and restarted X-Plane, clouds are showing up and everything is working.

I also noted that Skymaxx was loading metar.rwx followed by fsgrwsmp.rwx.  The fsgrwsmp.rwx was located in my X-Plane folder as I had previously tried FS Global Real Weather and opted to return to using Active Sky XP.  However, with that remnant fsgrwsmp.rwx file and the fact that RWC is set up to allow FSGRW / ASXP together, the fsgrwsmp.rwx file kept hijacking my weather, which was why no clouds were showing up (based on the fsgrwsmp.rwx contents) when the X-Plane weather was showing stormy.  A suggestion for RWC - perhaps split out the selections as separate for FSGRW and ASXP, with the FSGRW pointing to the fsgrwsmp.rwx file and the ASXP option pointing to the metar.rwx file.  That would prevent this from happening.

Regards,

Derek

Edited by TheFiddler14
Additional information for clarity.
  • Upvote 1

I found that RWC not being in the SMP menu was because I couldn't see the licensing activation menu when using dual monitors on my PC laptop.

When I disconnected the external monitor and did a re-install the activation window appeared on the screen.

I remembered I had to do this to change the sky colours in SMP.

Maybe that will be fixed in v5 !