Jump to content

[SOLVED] Frames in cockpit


Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, sundog said:

...

I would expect other "head shake" plugins might have similar issues.

...

I have experienced a similar problem while using RealView from HST. Massive stuttering and periods of high CPU load combined with low FPS (below 10).

And of course, RealView is just another "Head-Shake" plugin...

Would be happy if I could be of assistance doing some checks and/or tests...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have an issue.......new one.   I have to leave my beloved SMP 4 behind!   The new update fixed all issues with my system...can fly with my plugins and am enjoying great cloud work!

I unticked "Natural movements" and "Ground Shakings" in XP realistic v2, and now both plugins work correctly together

Well now....I've got my 40+ FPS back with SMP5.  Still struggle with the dark clouds but I'll figure that one out.  Thanks for the quick update !!

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Hardy said:

I have experienced a similar problem while using RealView from HST. Massive stuttering and periods of high CPU load combined with low FPS (below 10).

And of course, RealView is just another "Head-Shake" plugin...

Would be happy if I could be of assistance doing some checks and/or tests...

The SkyMaxx Pro 5.0.1 release that went out last night should fix this... check your email!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, simnut said:

I have an issue.......new one.

 

I have to leave my beloved SMP 4 behind! ;)  The new update fixed all issues with my system...can fly with my plugins and am enjoying great cloud work!

See ya, trenches! ;) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

One added bonus for me....I can now use FS Global Real Weather to inject weather into XP, something I couldn't do with SMP 4 as it killed my frame rates.  So, another paid software I can use now! :D  And at 30,000 draw radius as opposed to 10,000 draw radius.  Take a look at the frame rates ;)

 

766286355_KA350-2021-01-2408_59_31.thumb.png.22494bf739025d6d8e716008fdd0f99a.png101557623_KA350-2021-01-2408_59_04.thumb.png.9be7f06a9e5c4f416dc1ca29772e01a0.png

 

Although, I was getting pretty nice weather/cloud depiction with SMP 4 and RWC also :D

734121061_KA350-2020-10-0910_36_48AM.thumb.png.495c4b01b347aa59b417a4e3aeb85a4b.png

Edited by simnut
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, simnut said:

One added bonus for me....I can now use FS Global Real Weather to inject weather into XP, something I couldn't do with SMP 4 as it killed my frame rates.  So, another paid software I can use now! :D  And at 30,000 draw radius as opposed to 10,000 draw radius.  Take a look at the frame rates ;)

 

766286355_KA350-2021-01-2408_59_31.thumb.png.22494bf739025d6d8e716008fdd0f99a.png101557623_KA350-2021-01-2408_59_04.thumb.png.9be7f06a9e5c4f416dc1ca29772e01a0.png

 

Although, I was getting pretty nice weather/cloud depiction with SMP 4 and RWC also :D

734121061_KA350-2020-10-0910_36_48AM.thumb.png.495c4b01b347aa59b417a4e3aeb85a4b.png

Very nice shots! I am very happy you are getting the most outta V5! 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Cameron changed the title to [SOLVED] Frames in cockpit

Devs..one thing I notice using FSGRW is a definite reload of weather when approaching a new weather station.  I do have the "do not change visible weather" under RWC....is there another setting I should be looking at?  When not using RSGRW, I don't get that weather loading....a bit smoother.

 

I'm also getting this on my approach to CYVR.   Any ideas?

702558145_KA350-2021-01-2411_26_47.thumb.png.0a6e52841199eb48928d59e4695d122f.png1649767290_KA350-2021-01-2411_24_47.thumb.png.5a4be6cfd250de17900e3db3a61a57f7.png

 

Only issues I have now with SMP 5.....what should I look at?

Edited by simnut
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, simnut said:

Devs..one thing I notice using FSGRW is a definite reload of weather when approaching a new weather station.  I do have the "do not change visible weather" under RWC....is there another setting I should be looking at?  When not using RSGRW, I don't get that weather loading....a bit smoother.

 

I'm also getting this on my approach to CYVR.   Any ideas?

702558145_KA350-2021-01-2411_26_47.thumb.png.0a6e52841199eb48928d59e4695d122f.png1649767290_KA350-2021-01-2411_24_47.thumb.png.5a4be6cfd250de17900e3db3a61a57f7.png

 

Only issues I have now with SMP 5.....what should I look at?

How METAR is handled hasn't changed... any chance you crossed a one-degree tile boundary? That can also trigger the clouds to reload, as we have to adjust to X-Plane's new coordinate system when that happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sundog said:

How METAR is handled hasn't changed... any chance you crossed a one-degree tile boundary? That can also trigger the clouds to reload, as we have to adjust to X-Plane's new coordinate system when that happens.

It's still a smooth transition using just RWC but it becomes noticable with FSGRW.   It was noticed on a flight from CYZT to CYVR.  I've just downloaded and installed the latest update....will see how that goes sir.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, simnut said:

Well, update not so good for me.  Down to 20 or so FPS.  I'll see if I can find the change that caused the issue.

The fix to prevent mountains from drawing through volumetric clouds comes at a performance cost, but it shouldn't be that big. You may have to tweak your settings a bit to get things back to where they were in earlier versions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sundog said:

The fix to prevent mountains from drawing through volumetric clouds comes at a performance cost, but it shouldn't be that big. You may have to tweak your settings a bit to get things back to where they were in earlier versions.

At this point, I can fly flawlessly with SMP 5 (latest version) but volumetric disabled.  To me that is ok, I love the cloud representation using the cloud art.  Here are a couple examples....

 

1703127471_KA350-2021-01-2509_10_12.thumb.png.3d7e63457a5b81005a297a5391922430.png644446145_KA350-2021-01-2509_17_18.thumb.png.09d53585ea7a53a426724c95effd5cbe.png1783430964_KA350-2021-01-2509_08_29.thumb.png.90f5c0bdf9d8667afd05ce65e6ac72d6.png

209501304_KA350-2021-01-2509_23_13.thumb.png.0c8d9f1a1c336a3cd9ff6efc1cc995df.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

After some testing, it appears I can run clouds on volumetric but not the overcast....might be  a good compromise though.

 

2083937748_b739-2021-01-2611_06_02.thumb.png.740b51b4e3d5c0e7a10574a8793705b9.png

 

Additonally, I set my Nvidia Control Panel settings for XP to default, changing only the "maximum power" setting.  Seems to run the smoothest!

 

Edited by simnut
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, simnut said:

After some testing, it appears I can run clouds on volumetric but not the overcast....might be  a good compromise though.

 

2083937748_b739-2021-01-2611_06_02.thumb.png.740b51b4e3d5c0e7a10574a8793705b9.png

 

Additonally, I set my Nvidia Control Panel settings for XP to default, changing only the "maximum power" setting.  Seems to run the smoothest!

 

We're learning that most performance issues seem to be tied to people running with very high anti-aliasing settings and/or very high resolutions. If you can knock down your AA settings a bit, you may find that you can re-enable overcast volumetric clouds.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sundog said:

We're learning that most performance issues seem to be tied to people running with very high anti-aliasing settings and/or very high resolutions. If you can knock down your AA settings a bit, you may find that you can re-enable overcast volumetric clouds.

 

I just enabled overcast volumetric....and have the same frame rate.  There's not much for overcast right now in this flight...but......mmmmmm

Edited by simnut
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...