SMP Upgrade?

manidep271

2 minutes ago, Cameron said:

@sundog will know best on that one.

Does your FPS go up? Now getting numerous reports that disabling it DOES go up. If so, I'll be contacting the developer to get him a copy of SMP 5 and see what we can do to resolve this. Just need more confirmations.

The volumetric clouds do use more GPU memory than the non-volumetric clouds. You may need to reduce the "cloud draw area" setting in SMP. We increased the default setting for this in SMP5 which may be causing some confusion.

Just now, Cameron said:

@simnut we have now had over ten people confirm this. We just have to face realities and try to work on it from here.

Shouldn't SMP 5 work the same as SMP 4 regardless of plugins?  For me, SMP 5 plugs my ram full...and I have 32 G's.  I haven't changed anything in XPR......something in SMP 5 is loading up my ram.

Just now, sundog said:

The volumetric clouds do use more GPU memory than the non-volumetric clouds. You may need to reduce the "cloud draw area" setting in SMP. We increased the default setting for this in SMP5 which may be causing some confusion.

I put it down to 10,000 radius.  Something in SMP 5 is plugging my ram full of something lol

Just now, Cameron said:

See reply above.

It's loading up my ram, not Vram.   I have 32 G of ram and when I load XP with SMP 5, I only have about 400-500 mg ram left available.  Under textures in my XP, it shows I have 900 mg of textures loaded, not even close to my 6g of Vram.

1 minute ago, simnut said:

It's loading up my ram, not Vram.   I have 32 G of ram and when I load XP with SMP 5, I only have about 400-500 mg ram left available.  Under textures in my XP, it shows I have 900 mg of textures loaded, not even close to my 6g of Vram.

I hear you. Just letting you know what others are saying. We're on day one here, and quite known to do updates. Whatever we can gather and find we will. :) I'm off to have a chat with XPRealistic now.

Thanks to all for helping us out!

Please try Cameron's suggestion above of creating a new plugins directory with just XPLM, Gizmo, and SMP. It's possible some other add-on you have is also causing whatever interaction XPRealistic is causing.

I see you modified some of our texture files, so you might want to try re-installing a stock version of SMP 5, disabling XPRealistic, and trying again.

2 minutes ago, sundog said:

Please try Cameron's suggestion above of creating a new plugins directory with just XPLM, Gizmo, and SMP. It's possible some other add-on you have is also causing whatever interaction XPRealistic is causing.

I see you modified some of our texture files, so you might want to try re-installing a stock version of SMP 5, disabling XPRealistic, and trying again.

I tried a reinstall of SMP 5 without modifying texture files....no difference.  Disabling XPRealistic gave me about 10 FPS back. But my ram is still chock full.  But I still love SMP 4! :D

I tried a reinstall of SMP 5 without modifying texture files....no difference.  Disabling XPRealistic gave me about 10 FPS back. But my ram is still chock full.  But I still love SMP 4! :D

Have you tried disabling the volumetric option in cumulus and overcast? Just trying to narrow it down.

2 minutes ago, simnut said:

Yes.  What ever I try to do, the ram usage stays pegged at full.  For me anyways.

Have you tried disabling *all* other plugins? I'm testing right now and I'm holding at a steady 10.6GB of RAM usage sitting at KSEA (and 60 FPS)

Edited by sundog

I have a new plugin folder going with a Gizmo64, RealWeatherConnector, SilverLIning, XPLM.framework and it's associated files in it.  Now, I can't use Vulcan....says my drivers need to be updated.  In openGL, I have 21 FPS looking out the cockpit window and 65 FPS looking down into the cockpit, 10,000 draw radius.  When I zoom in to just seeing sky, I drop to 14 FPS.  Only good thing?  My ram usage is 10GB. 

9 minutes ago, simnut said:

I'm in the process of renaming the plugins folder and just using RWC, Gizmo64 and SMP5

FWIW I just installed XPRealistic here and it causes exactly the behavior you describe - RAM fills up and performance tanks. I wonder if you didn't fully disable it when you were testing its removal before, somehow.

I have no issues, FSGRW, RWC, SkyMaxx v5, XPR is active as well as other plugins, attaching my log if it helps.

So far tested with FF767 at KIAD and pretty stable 45FPS +/- 10 depending on views, no god rays, cloud draw 80000. Tested at EGNS with the Islander with Orbx scenery, god rays on and cloud draw 60000 in heavy cloud and no less than 35FPS.

Very happy so far, thanks for the work.

Paul

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pdg17 said:

I have no issues, FSGRW, RWC, SkyMaxx v5, XPR is active as well as other plugins, attaching my log if it helps.

So far tested with FF767 at KIAD and pretty stable 45FPS +/- 10 depending on views, no god rays, cloud draw 80000. Tested at EGNS with the Islander with Orbx scenery, god rays on and cloud draw 60000 in heavy cloud and no less than 35FPS.

Very happy so far, thanks for the work.

Paul

Nice

3 hours ago, Motosuwa said:

There must be some other addon you're running that could be causing it. For me, removing XPR2 has fixed this. Here is a list of my current addons (minus XPR2)
Capture.PNG.d415744ec23c4c8e00ef03ab61a5f27b.PNG

My plugin list:

AutoGate

AviTab

BetterPushback

FlyWithLua

Gizmo64.plugin

LIttle Navconnect

Little Xpconnect

Plugin Admin

RealWEatherConnector

SilverLining

xjet

XPLM.framework

XPRealistic

XPWidgets.framework

X-RAAS2

Right now, SMP4 does me just fine.  I want to keep running with existing plugins.  :D I'll wait for improvement on SMP5

Edited by simnut