SMP Upgrade?

manidep271

Just now, fog said:

Hi Cameron!.

I see.. Well.. please tell me what to do then?. I thought i unsubscribed to general news.. not discount codes :)

When it comes to unsubscribing, our entire system runs off of it. This includes newsletters, discount codes, and update notices.

Please contact support@x-aviation.com. If you'd like to opt back in please also mention that in your message.

This upgrade has driven my computer to it's knees.  In Vulcan, I went from 40 + FPS to 4!   In OpenGL, I'm down to 22 FPS.   I've saved my Silverlining (SMP 4) folder, should work to just put it back into it's original spot right?  I am running a i7-9700k, RTX2060 6g, 32 G or ram. 

Just now, simnut said:

This upgrade has driven my computer to it's knees.  In Vulcan, I went from 40 + FPS to 4!   In OpenGL, I'm down to 22 FPS.   I've saved my Silverlining (SMP 4) folder, should work to just put it back into it's original spot right?  I am running a i7-9700k, RTX2060 6g, 32 G or ram. 

Firstly, no. You can simply change the cloud types in the SMP v5 settings. You do not need to go back to v4.

Secondly, I'd like to understand more about your system. 40 to 4 in Vulkan, but only down to 22 in OpenGL seems...weird.

What are your X-Plane rendering settings and SkyMaxx Pro settings?

1 minute ago, Cameron said:

Firstly, no. You can simply change the cloud types in the SMP v5 settings. You do not need to go back to v4.

Secondly, I'd like to understand more about your system. 40 to 4 in Vulkan, but only down to 22 in OpenGL seems...weird.

What are your X-Plane rendering settings and SkyMaxx Pro settings?

I went down to 10,000 radius, unselected god ray, unselected cloud shadows, unselected lens flare effects, unselected cloud reflections.....even reduced all cloud image sizes in the directory to 1024.   For some reason my  32G of memory has 400mg left...WAY different than with SMP 4.   No joy.  Right now...with Vulcan enabled, I have 3 fps lol.

My X-Plane rendering settings are as follows:

Visual effects: High

Texture Quality: Medium

Antialiasing: 2x SSAA+FXAA

Anisotropic Filtering: 16x

Number of world objects: High

Reflection Detail High

Funny thing is, when I put up the settings screen in XP, you can still see the FPS counter of course.  With that screen open, I have 57 FPS ;)  When I close that window to go back to the sim, I"m down to 3.

2 minutes ago, Cameron said:

I wonder if this is playing a role. For test purposes, can you lower this?

Also, are you by chance using ASXP or FSGRW?

Just using RWC.  I have FSGRW but I can't use it.....

I just replaced the Silver Lining Folder with the one I saved (SMP 4).  Back up to 40+ FPS.  Shows I have 21 G of ram available.  So something is packing the ram full to the point of making XP unusable. 

Edited by simnut

Just now, simnut said:

If I disable the XPRealistic plugin, my ram is still plugged full.  So I don't think it's with XPRealistic.  Something in SMP 5 is jamming my ram full ......different than SMP 4

@sundog will know best on that one.

Does your FPS go up? Now getting numerous reports that disabling it DOES go up. If so, I'll be contacting the developer to get him a copy of SMP 5 and see what we can do to resolve this. Just need more confirmations.

Just now, simnut said:

I don't think so.....why would the ram be full without XPR2 when I only use a third of my ram running XPR2 and SMP 4?

There must be some other addon you're running that could be causing it. For me, removing XPR2 has fixed this. Here is a list of my current addons (minus XPR2)
Capture.PNG.d415744ec23c4c8e00ef03ab61a5f27b.PNG