Flickering Screen w/ Vulkan

Willies

Hello everyone. I really enjoy this plane but I am experiencing two enormous issues: if I try to start the plane in full screen it will loop-load the loading screen and never load the actual simulator; if I workaround (I am not supposed to have workarounds for a $65 plane, that's not a good start) by using windowed screen my screen keeps flickering and glitching and my eyes are going to explode soon. Disabling Vulkan will fix the issue but on your website it says and certifies the Vulkan worthyness. Can I have a fix? I am now trying to fix the ILS issue, I really hope that I have not wasted 65$ for no reason. Cheers everyone.

5 minutes ago, Willies said:

Hello everyone. I really enjoy this plane but I am experiencing two enormous issues: if I try to start the plane in full screen it will loop-load the loading screen and never load the actual simulator; if I workaround (I am not supposed to have workarounds for a $65 plane, that's not a good start) by using windowed screen my screen keeps flickering and glitching and my eyes are going to explode soon.

Everything you describe here is something I have not ever heard of, and I think you have something wrong with your computer specifically.

I would try with ensuring your GPU drivers are up to date. There are thousands of TBM users out there. If this were an issue we wouldn't hear the end of it.

43 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Everything you describe here is something I have not ever heard of, and I think you have something wrong with your computer specifically.

I would try with ensuring your GPU drivers are up to date. There are thousands of TBM users out there. If this were an issue we wouldn't hear the end of it.

Nothing changed, I have just updated them. The ILS fixed worked perfectly. How can I try to fix the other two issues? I have low FPS with OpenGL and seems to be an ''heavy graphic'' problem because if I increase my graphic settings the flickering issue gets worse. Waiting a fix, thanks.

6 minutes ago, Willies said:

Nothing changed, I have just updated them. The ILS fixed worked perfectly. How can I try to fix the other two issues? I have low FPS with OpenGL and seems to be an ''heavy graphic'' problem because if I increase my graphic settings the flickering issue gets worse. Waiting a fix, thanks.

Again, I don't think there is a "fix" we can provide. This seems to be a local issue with your computer, not an issue with the product.

What kind of graphics card do you have?

1 hour ago, Cameron said:

Again, I don't think there is a "fix" we can provide. This seems to be a local issue with your computer, not an issue with the product.

What kind of graphics card do you have?

RX 590, please advise me something XD. Would it be useful updating to the latest xplane version?

First of all, try to avoid making more than 1 post on the same topic.  We see every post.

This is definitely isolated to your machine.  Either your drivers need updating, your GPU is dying or your monitor is about to die.  There's nothing anyone can do from this end. What I suggest is, if you have a spare monitor, plug that in and see if the problem persists.  If it works properly, then your monitor is faulty.  
If you have another computer in your house, install X-Plane on that and see if the problem persists.  If it works correctly, then it's something in your hardware.

Other than that, you might have to get your computer looked at by a technician.

3 hours ago, Willies said:

@CameronOk so I have just figured out something: if I decrease and set to 0 the antialiasing it will likely less do it. What can I do in order to let it work properlywith Vulkan? OpenGL sucks, 20 fps, Vulkan 40-50 fps

I suspect this is a problem with the AMD card. Either the card itself is going bad, or the drivers are bad. This is definitely not something wrong with the product.

20 minutes ago, Willies said:

Are you sure it is hardware related by saying this? My monitor works perfectly, even the GPU.

Yes, I'm sure.

Various products access your GPU in certain ways. Some more advanced than others. So, to try and apply how one product does things over another isn't really useful here.

I do believe AMD is also known to have issues in Vulkan from what Laminar has said. This can also be playing a role.

38 minutes ago, Willies said:

So, what can a fix be? Using OpenGL?

Or get a new GPU. I guess maybe Nvidia. I have AMD, but on Mac, so the drivers in use are different.

37 minutes ago, Willies said:

And this does not make sense, AMD is one of Vulkan's developers...

That doesn't mean anything.

A quick dump of information from a Laminar developer on how bad AMD can be at times: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/220903-1150b14-release-notes-its-now-out/&do=findComment&comment=1989395

You may also want to make sure you're at least running this version or higher of drivers: https://x-plane.helpscoutdocs.com/article/110-x-plane-11-50-amd-driver-fix