Jump to content

TBM crash after take-off (OpenGL) and failure to load at all (vulkan).


Recommended Posts

Hi guys, 

im having issues with the tbm-900. It has been a recent thing as i've had no issues previously. I always seem to crash shortly after take-off when using openGL and when using vulkan, the sim never makes it past the loading screen and ends up crashing. I have attached the log files if anyone is able to help me, please and thank you. 

Log.txt GizmoLog.txt TBM900_Log.txt

Edited by Theo-pilot
Link to post
Share on other sites

The log files you have posted are not from a crashed session. They are from a clean shutdown of X-Plane that you initiated, so unfortunately these do us no good.

We need log files immediately following a crash without you opening X-Plane again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2021 at 12:25 AM, Cameron said:

The log files you have posted are not from a crashed session. They are from a clean shutdown of X-Plane that you initiated, so unfortunately these do us no good.

We need log files immediately following a crash without you opening X-Plane again.

Oh my bad, I will initiate the start up procedure for X plane with the TBM and post the new log files following the crash, thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 12:25 AM, Cameron said:

The log files you have posted are not from a crashed session. They are from a clean shutdown of X-Plane that you initiated, so unfortunately these do us no good.

We need log files immediately following a crash without you opening X-Plane again.

Hello, 

I've started x-plane again and I think I've managed to capture the correct log files following the crash. This time it occurred during loading initialisation page.  

TBM900_Log.txt GizmoLog.txt Log.txt

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2021 at 12:25 AM, Cameron said:

The log files you have posted are not from a crashed session. They are from a clean shutdown of X-Plane that you initiated, so unfortunately these do us no good.

We need log files immediately following a crash without you opening X-Plane again.

It's just crashed again whilst using OpenGL this time and I have attached the logs for the second crash. I am not sure but I saw something about terrain radar not being compatible with the tbm so I will remove that and update this thread if anyone is able to help me. Thanks again to all contributors on this problem I'm having, I really appreciate it. 

Log.txt GizmoLog.txt TBM900_Log.txt

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you sure this is crashing??  Both of your last logs show a clean shut down.

 

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 3.43.01 pm.png

Actually, looking through more of the log, I see you have JarDesign ground handling.  Many people have reported issues with this plugin, so remove that, then try again.  Strange it's throwing up a clean shutdown, though.

Edited by Goran_M
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Are you sure this is crashing??  Both of your last logs show a clean shut down.

 

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 3.43.01 pm.png

Actually, looking through more of the log, I see you have JarDesign ground handling.  Many people have reported issues with this plugin, so remove that, then try again.  Strange it's throwing up a clean shutdown, though.

Hi, yes it's crashing 100%. I have no deleted x-plane and re-installed it with only the TBM-900 on it and I'm still getting crashes. It will not load at when I have vulkan boxed ticked and it immediately crashes to the desk top. I saw something about reshade in the Log - I have gone and deleted the installer and the file from the program files however it still shows up in the log. 

TBM900_Log.txt Log.txt GizmoLog.txt

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try removing all your 3rd party plugins, except Gizmo, and then try again.  They can be found in the Resources/plugins folder.

Also are you running in windowed mode or full screen mode?

 

Edited by Goran_M
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Try removing all your 3rd party plugins, except Gizmo, and then try again.  They can be found in the Resources/plugins folder.

Also are you running in windowed mode or full screen mode?

 

I'm running the sim and tbm now with openGL and full screen mode. It seems to be working fine so far however I'm getting a performance hit with the default X-plane scenery my PC is fairly well equipped to run the SIM with most if not all sliders maxed out. I'm not sure if the TBM isnt compatible to run in vulkan with my AMD drivers?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Theo-pilot said:

and full screen mode

I thought so.  You will get unpredictable results with AMD drivers and full screen.  This is an AMD issue.  Laminar have been screaming at them to fix it.  A workaround that seems to work is having another window open (your browser or windows explorer) in the background while running X-Plane in full screen mode.  The other option is to switch to windowed mode until AMD fixes the issue.

Edited by Goran_M
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Goran_M said:

I thought so.  You will get unpredictable results with AMD drivers and full screen.  This is an AMD issue.  Laminar have been screaming at them to fix it.  A workaround that seems to work is having another window open (your browser or windows explorer) in the background while running X-Plane in full screen mode.  The other option is to switch to windowed mode until AMD fixes the issue.

Ahh okay, I see. I will try both ways and see if I get an improvement. Really frustrating not being to run it on vulkan but having openGL with no crashes is better than nothing and it's the only plane (and zibo mod) I'd rather have on the sim for it's quality, immersion and study level features. Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

To anyone struggling with the aforementioned issues with your sim and the TBM-900. I highly recommend removing all plugins and re-adding them one by one. Remove any reshade if you have it installed and the biggest one is changing your x-plane viewing to windowed more instead of full screen. Thanks to everyone for you help! 

EDIT: It has frozen again so I suspect that the problem for me lies with AMD, XP11 and TBM aren't compatible at this stage. 

Edited by Theo-pilot
Freezing still occurring.
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Theo-pilot said:

To anyone struggling with the aforementioned issues with your sim and the TBM-900. I highly recommend removing all plugins and re-adding them one by one. Remove any reshade if you have it installed and the biggest one is changing your x-plane viewing to windowed more instead of full screen. Thanks to everyone for you help! 

EDIT: It has frozen again so I suspect that the problem for me lies with AMD, XP11 and TBM aren't compatible at this stage. 

Wait...it's freezing in windowed mode??

Link to post
Share on other sites

At the risk of starting a flame war, my 40 years of experience as an IT guy taught me that in terms of reliability & compatability, AMD's "walk" never seemed to quite match it's "talk".

Personally, I run X-Plane on an Intel 10700K (not overclocked) on a Gigabyte Aorus MoBo with 64GB RAM - no plugins - and ... everything just works (with the exception of the occasional glitch).

Take that as you see fit.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I need you to get drastic now.  Clean install.  No scenery.  No plugins.  Just the TBM.  I see something that might be causing the problem, but I don't want to waste your time by constantly throwing ideas that MIGHT get this sorted out.  I'd rather be sure.

Also, unplug all hardware.  Leave the sim running for a few hours, and see what happens.  You don't have to be at the PC.  Just leave it running while you're at work or sleeping.  Check if it crashes.  If not, it's a safe bet it's a plug in or scenery.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Goran_M said:

I need you to get drastic now.  Clean install.  No scenery.  No plugins.  Just the TBM.  I see something that might be causing the problem, but I don't want to waste your time by constantly throwing ideas that MIGHT get this sorted out.  I'd rather be sure.

Also, unplug all hardware.  Leave the sim running for a few hours, and see what happens.  You don't have to be at the PC.  Just leave it running while you're at work or sleeping.  Check if it crashes.  If not, it's a safe bet it's a plug in or scenery.

Alright, I'll do that tonight when I go to work (Adl, Aus time) and I'll let you know how I go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Goran_M said:

I need you to get drastic now.  Clean install.  No scenery.  No plugins.  Just the TBM.  I see something that might be causing the problem, but I don't want to waste your time by constantly throwing ideas that MIGHT get this sorted out.  I'd rather be sure.

Also, unplug all hardware.  Leave the sim running for a few hours, and see what happens.  You don't have to be at the PC.  Just leave it running while you're at work or sleeping.  Check if it crashes.  If not, it's a safe bet it's a plug in or scenery.

I have figured out what the issue is. It is something to do with the aircraft state and the way XP11 reads the files (scripts?). So basically everytime I want to use the TBM I have to start XP11, load the aircraft at my chosen destination, create a new airframe (the issue is when I pick up from how I left the TBM configured from the previous flight), completely quit XP11 and reload it again with a fresh new airframe and with that I have no problems at all. It is a good work around which I am happy with at the moment however I am very much looking forward to future updates and additions to what is a great payware add-on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...