Engines Have No Power (RPM)

stech

Hi all,

I have had this problem for a while, but only once in a while, and a restart would fix it. Recently though it happens all the time and a restart doesn't help. I give full throttle and the power of the engines doesn't go up to where it should be, low rpms, and the manifold pressure just stays low. It happens to both engines, but on occasion, it only happens to one. Usually the hotter the engines get, the worse it gets. I have tried to remove all plugins, reinstall the islander, restart the gizmo plugin, and even went with a fresh install of x-plane with nothing but the islander installed and it just will not work! It is driving me crazy. I love this plane and need it to fly again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have sent the log.txt and gizmolog.txt files along with some pictures.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Screenshot (175).png

Screenshot (176).png

Screenshot (177).png

GizmoLog.txt Log.txt

I think I have solved the problem?? I add some carb heat when warming the engines up, and the problem went away. I have tried to duplicate the icing problem, but it works fine now, even with the carb heat off. Like I said in the original post, it doesn't do it all the time, so I'm not sure if the problem is solved. 

Thanks for every ones help.

• Like 1

That't typical behaviour for carburettor icing, which obviously depends on weather. you can have carb icing at 15C on low throttle settings.

this lua-script pops up values is you have carb icing, or you can assign the command FlyWithLua/BN2P/Toggle_CarbIceDisplay to display it constantly.

if PLANE_ICAO == "BN2P" then 
CarbIce = dataref_table("sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_crbice")

create_command("FlyWithLua/BN2P/Toggle_CarbIceDisplay", "Toggles the CarbIceDisplay", "CI_displaytoggle()", "", "")

showCID = 0

function CI_displaytoggle()
if showCID == 0 then showCID = 1
else showCID = 0
end
end

function show_CarbIce()
if showCID == 1 or (CarbIce[0] + CarbIce[1]) > 0.02 then
draw_string(50, 70, "L Carb Ice: " .. math.floor(CarbIce[0]*1000)/1000)
draw_string(50, 50, "R Carb Ice: " .. math.floor(CarbIce[1]*1000)/1000)
end
end

do_every_draw("show_CarbIce()")

end

Carb icing is most pronounced in high humidity air with low throttle settings.

• Like 2