Only getting SMP clouds with HDR on

tpwpny

22 hours ago, sundog said:

Try changing the anti-aliasing settings in X-Plane, or use OpenGL mode. I think you're running into a known bug in AMD drivers when using Vulkan.

I'm not using Vulkan / Metal at all -- It's Mac, running XP11 in Open GL mode. GPU is Sapphire 580 Pulse/Nitro, 8GB VRAM, CPU is 3.46ghz 6-core, with XP on an internal SSD. Usual fps is 40-50. 

On 1/8/2021 at 9:03 AM, sundog said:

OK, I would still advise changing the anti-aliasing setting and see if that gets your clouds back with HDR off.

Also, make sure you are using the latest version of SMP (4.9.3)

Still only clouds in High/Max VE setting only, even with anti-aliasing turned down. 

I'm using Ver. 4.9.6.2

19 hours ago, sundog said:

Hey @Cameroncan you check that SMP is working OK on your Mac with HDR off? This is the first I've heard of this I think, but maybe you can repro it...

I can confirm that SkyMaxx Pro is working with HDR off as expected. I am running a Mac with an AMD 5700XT on the latest Big Sur.

@tpwpny as drivers for GPUs are a part of the operating system with Mac, can you clarify which version of Mac OS X you're running?

4 hours ago, Cameron said:

I can confirm that SkyMaxx Pro is working with HDR off as expected. I am running a Mac with an AMD 5700XT on the latest Big Sur.

@tpwpny as drivers for GPUs are a part of the operating system with Mac, can you clarify which version of Mac OS X you're running?

High Sierra 10.13.6