Coordinate system changed; repositioning cloud layers

jweber

2 hours ago, jweber said:

So far I am very happy with SMP, if only the changes of cloud repositioning would not happen each time a new DSF tile is loaded caused to coordinate changes during the flight. Without this it would be almost perfect. 

Happy new year by the way......

Jack

Agreed, it would be very nice if they would just continue to seamlessly fade in as you fly and not suddenly have every cloud in the sky change all at once. It's also incredibly hard on fps for a bit when it happens. 

Yes, I know. I am speaking about repositioning during dsf tile loading, not only when weather is refreshing from wathever resources. With default clouds I haven´t this effect due to coordinate changes. Refreshing weather information is an other issue, this has indeed to do with x-plane drawing.

Might it be that RWC is repositioning the clouds each time it reads new coordinates? I have the impression it is changing frequently, even I set FSGRW downoads to 120 minutes. 

Edited by jweber

To go into more detail, whenever you cross a DSF tile boundary (every one degree of latitude or longitude in general) X-Plane changes its frame of reference to fit its flat coordinate system to the round Earth as you travel around it. More simply, "which way is up" suddenly changes on us. When this happens, the coordinates of all of our clouds have to change along with everything X-Plane is drawing. But, there's no simple way for us to move our clouds in exactly the same way X-Plane moved its coordinates. We do our best to match it but the clouds do end up moving a little bit when this happens.

We've spent a lot of time trying to make it absolutely seamless but haven't quite gotten there.