TBM ILS Workaround

Cameron

How could we hide anything from Cameron?  He gets the same support questions we do. We certainly didn’t know about the problem until we started getting complaints about it. The TBM came out in October of 2018. There was no ILS problem then. Pulling a product because a bug was found is rather foolish. If all developers did that, there would be no add ons in any flight sim stores. Even Windows has the occasional bug. 
We’ll look into the hot fix suggestion. 

34 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

How could we hide anything from Cameron?  He gets the same support questions we do. We certainly didn’t know about the problem until we started getting complaints about it. The TBM came out in October of 2018. There was no ILS problem then. Pulling a product because a bug was found is rather foolish. If all developers did that, there would be no add ons in any flight sim stores. Even Windows has the occasional bug. 
We’ll look into the hot fix suggestion. 

Many thanks for the consideration.

Happy New Year all. 

Great plane, but the ILS issue is a real frustration.  I use this plane to help me with real world currency, so having ILS capability is a must.  And Like many of us we have extremely busy lives.  So the idea of spending precious free time trying to fix things is doubly frustrating.  

To the developers:  understand that my frustration, and probably some others, is that you’ve developed a great plane that people want to fly, but is currently incapable of flying one of the staple approaches in the IFR world (without an investment of time from your clients to fix).  I totally agree with jrw4 above; issue the ILS fix now, and the minor rain / ice fixes at your own timeframe.  To be quite honest, I could care less about the rain / ice.  I need an ILS capable TBM 900 now.

So please, give us the fix that really means something to us right now.  Thanks.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, jrw4 said:

Let me make a concrete suggestion to retrieve the goodwill of the users: issue a hot fix for the ILS problem and work on the rain effects on whatever timescale you find convenient. Suggesting a navadata workaround that you know has hit a dead end with the latest release is an embarrassment to all concerned. The Zibo Mod had a fix for the navdata problem one day after it was reported. Come on.

No. What you find to be so simple isn't. The update and code base changes were well into development for the future update well before this poked its head. Therefore, such a hot fix for this one thing that currently has valid workarounds is not going to happen. There is nothing stopping you from downloading the files above if you already use default X-Plane data. There is also nothing stopping you from using Navigraph 11.4 data format for the latest AIRAC cycle if you are a subscriber. Both ways get you working.

7 hours ago, jrw4 said:

If you wish to censor and scold us, then have at it. I'm not so sure that works well in the social media-rich world of 2021, but give it a try.

I have no clue what in the world you're talking about here. No one has been censored. But, hey, I guess I'll take up your advice. So.....

Topic closed compliments of @jrw4.

For those that are civil and not so dramatic, just follow the instructions in earlier posts above and enjoy ILS functionality till the next update.

Total invested time to fix on your end? Less then two minutes.

Total invested time to write posts like above moaning you don't have time to do a less than two minute fix? Way too long.

And for good measure, someone who actually listened and did just that: