SR22 Control Sensitivity Settings

mjpw

Hi

Are there any recommended control sensitivity settings for the aircraft? 

The aircraft feels quite sensitive in comparison to GA aircraft I’ve flown in the sim and in the real world. 

I recall that IXEG 737 and the SF260 both provided guidelines for recommended control response and stability augmentation. However, couldn’t find this is the manuals for the SR22.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, mjpw said:

Are there any recommended control sensitivity settings for the aircraft? 

The aircraft feels quite sensitive in comparison to GA aircraft I’ve flown in the sim and in the real world. 

I recall that IXEG 737 and the SF260 both provided guidelines for recommended control response and stability augmentation. However, couldn’t find this is the manuals for the SR22.

The control sensitivities are going to be different based on what hardware you are using. I would imagine that a similar control response profile that you use on a SF260 would work well with the SR22. 

Thanks for the response. I understand that there are variations between hardware but I would expect 70% of users use 3-4 joysticks - given flight yokes would be unrealistic for this a/c.

As a real world pilot the ‘feel’ of the aircraft is very important. In the product details it mentioned that the flight model was highly ‘realistic’. Therefore, I’m surprised and a little disappointed that no guidance was provided on how we can make the aircraft feel as realistic as possible in the sim.

Are you able to share which settings the testing team used? I assume you used real SR22 pilots?

Thanks. 

• Downvote 1

Are you using the experimental flight model? If not then that is your first issue. Secondly, what hardware are you using? I cannot read minds nor Astral Project so a little help there would be great. Standby while I get my settings that go along with my Saitek x45. No complaints from any Cirrus pilot's on our testing team nor in our discord since release. What kind of aircraft do you fly in real life as everyone on our team is a rated PPL holder, glider pilot or student pilot with years of real world aviation experience. Maybe we can help clarify some things. 

Edited by Attitude
  • Like 1

Thanks for the response. I’m using a Thrustmaster T16000M. I’ve been flying SEP aircraft for over 15 years so would say I’m relatively experienced.

The settings you’ve shared improved the handling. It would have been helpful to put such information in the product documentation e.g. whether to use the experimental flight model and what control settings. Customers are not mind readers either.

Appreciate taking the time to reply and hope the feedback is taken on board for future releases. 

• 2 weeks later...