CTD because of Gizmo

wodyfox

Hi,

Out of 10 flights 5 crashed, always with Access violation from Gizmo. Usually after 25 to 40 minutes into the flight. I have several log files from the past, all with the same violation. Attached is the latest log. Once I got suggestions from Discord to use a Gizmo beta, but no change. Also Goran helped me once, but no success.
Please have a look into the log.

Thanks in advance

Log_LOWW.txt

I suggest you install a fresh demo copy of X-Plane and try flying in that.

You have a large number of additional third party plugins installed, any of which could be the root cause of the problem despite what it says in the log files.

X-Plane has a shared memory area for all plugins to use. The same as Win3.11 or MacOS Classic used back in the early 90s.

Any plugin can overwrite the memory of any other plugin resulting in a crash.

For what it's worth, I have a software setup that's about as basic as it's possible to get; XP11.50R3 & the HotStart TBM 900 - that's it (inc Gizmo which got installed at some point ... I don't even know what it does).

I get the occasional CTD, but they're pretty few and far between (perhaps 1 every couple of weeks). The base code seems pretty solid.