Welcome Aboard, Captains!

X-Pilot

Thanks for the welcome, Chris and Cameron.  ;)  I'll peruse the sight over the coming weeks to get more familiar with it.  Right now I'll grab a few goodies from the file library....

Are there any plans to add a features list for aircraft uploads, like x-plane.org's "Custom Panel: Y/N", Custom Sounds: Y/N", etc.?

We can certainly do so. If you have a list of suggestions you'd like to see don't hesitate to submit! :)

Not sure if this is the right place to submit, but I'll show some example from the Org....

In the Aircraft category:

File Information
  • Submitted: Dec 20 2012 01:51 AM
  • Last Updated: Yesterday, 01:44 PM
  • File Size: Unknown
  • Views: 1054
  • Downloads: 135
  • X-Plane 10 Version: 10.10+
  • Custom Panel: Yes
  • Custom 3D cockpit: Yes
  • Custom Sounds: Yes
  • Aircraft Year: 1966 to 1999
  • Reason for Modification : initial
  • Manufacturer: Other / not known
  • 64bit compatible: Yes

In the DSF Scenery Packages category:

File Information
  • Submitted: Dec 19 2012 01:37 PM
  • Last Updated: Dec 19 2012 01:37 PM
  • File Size: 466.28K
  • Views: 456
  • Downloads: 77
  • Reason for Modification : Initial upload
  • Airport Code: KORE
  • Uses OpenScenery X: Yes but not required
  • World Region: USA
  • X-Plane Versions: X-Plane 10 only

These lists are very helpful to the community in determining whether or not to download.  ;)

On a different note...

I noticed that I didn't receive an email notice when a comment was posted to this topic.  I selected "Follow this topic" and chose to receive notifications "instantly", all before the replies above were posted... and my email is correct.  Am I missing something?  Thanks

Edited by wehrlipub

On a different note...

I noticed that I didn't receive an email notice when a comment was posted to this topic.  I selected "Follow this topic" and chose to receive notifications "instantly", all before the replies above were posted... and my email is correct.  Am I missing something?  Thanks

You'll need to go here: http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

There's heaps of options, but the one you are after is: Notification method to use for replies to followed topics

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Finally remembered the user name I registered with, which wasn't hard really as I use my real name on almost everything. The problem for my poor addled brain was that I used my full name to register as opposed to just my first name.

Chris K invited me here well before Christmas so sorry for the delay in my joining this band of brothers. I've only recently joined the crazy world of xplane scenery development but with help from a certain individual and my persistent nature I have grasped the wonders of WED. Still a few branches to climb in the learning tree, but as I constantly say when lecturing ( I teach social work law and some other stuff) we learn something new every day, we just can't help it. I feel sure with my own mantra ringing in my ears I'll be able to emulate some of your stupendous offerings in a year or two :)

Merry Christmas to you all and if your in the south Happy new Year and in the North we have it to come in about 11hrs or so depending on what continent you are on.

Wycliffe

Edited by Wycliffe Barrett

• 3 weeks later...

How I like to read this sentence after yesterdays experience over at the other x-plane community.

X-Pilot.com is committed to a non-censorship type community where everyone is entitled to their own opinion without being worried that a moderator or administrator will knock them down. As much as opinions may hurt some, they often times end up making a product stronger!

How I like to read this sentence after yesterdays experience over at the other x-plane community.

X-Pilot.com is committed to a non-censorship type community where everyone is entitled to their own opinion without being worried that a moderator or administrator will knock them down. As much as opinions may hurt some, they often times end up making a product stronger!

What happened? I love reading about these war stories from the other side of the front. LOL Seems like we all share similar experiences.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hm...

Looks like my first post should be here, but it wasn't, got in some other threads before seeing this thread here, but hey....

Let the fun begin...

We'll see you in the skies!

Really glad to see this, actually more than anything because i got banned from another XP related web site, and all started with me stating my opinion about a product. Good to know that i share the exactly same feeling as they often times end up making a product stronger.

With more than 16 years using PCs (and building, overclocking, breaking, formating etc... my own), and at least 10 years flying with MSFS platform, i really believe that after switching to XP10, i found also a good community!  :D

Cheers!

Hope i will become an X-Pilot, after i finish mapping all the 3 modes of my joystick, buttons, buttons, buttons!!!  :lol:

Happy to have you here, Bobback. :)

Thank you Cameron!

Im glad to be here!!!

By the way....As i stated, im new to XP world, so i wasn't really aware of the X-Aviation, i checked your web site.... what a DC-3!!!!!!!  :o

I watched some videos of Buz Pilotlari (Ice Pilots?) on youtube and seeing your DC-3 with the Buffalo paint scheme...just wow!  :D

Thank you Cameron!

Im glad to be here!!!

By the way....As i stated, im new to XP world, so i wasn't really aware of the X-Aviation, i checked your web site.... what a DC-3!!!!!!!  :o

I watched some videos of Buz Pilotlari (Ice Pilots?) on youtube and seeing your DC-3 with the Buffalo paint scheme...just wow!  :D

Hey, thanks for the wonderful comments!

Tons of credit goes to Goran and Theo at Leading Edge Simulations!

Hope to see you around for lots of great discussion, and thanks for checking out X-Aviation too!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi all:

Here an enthusiast and old simmer. Long ago I enjoyed many hours with old sims like ATP, (perhaps the elder can remember it), Pro-Pilot, Fly!... but since X-Plane first release i've flown it almost exclusively. Not having too much time to dedicate to forums, i'm really glad to discover X-Pilot. Just a quick glance at what you are doing here and to your open minded focusing has been enough to make me feel this is just what an old XPlane pilot like me could expect from a dedicated community.

Thanks then to all in here for this magnificent site. Will try to do my best.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I did post previously, a greeting to all, so here goes. Any forum that supports freedom of speech, within reason gets my vote. When I install Real Weather Connector, it crashes X-Plane. Is this a known issue. I downloaded the update I was informed about but no joy. X-Plane is stable without it. Anyone experienced this?

Edited by TheFly

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Good morning to all

Just join up , only found the site recently, and as others said , maybe a change of " scenery" and  "a(l)ttitude" will be a good thing

Share a lot of views as expressed by other guys here concerning the .org.

Still on XP 10 , cant afford to upgrade, but for me still the best sim out there, so im not crying at all 

I really think i will enjoy this site

• 4 weeks later...