Welcome Aboard, Captains!

X-Pilot

Captains,

Welcome to X-Pilot.com! We are an alternative community in partnership with a number of commercial vendors well known throughout the X-Plane world. X-Pilot.com is committed to becoming "the community" of choice for all X-Plane users, new and old. The website will come online in phases, with the forum being the first phase of development. Phase two will begin a new file library system. This file library system will be in place for all X-Plane users to upload their add-ons and get feedback from the community. The final phase is some new X-Plane products useful to all X-Plane users! We're excited to be sharing all of these features with you as time progresses and will make more announcements as appropriate.

At this time we invite all guests to Register and partake in the various topics that will come about, including those by the commercial vendors represented here. Currently, those vendors include:

Future vendors will be announced as time progresses, so stay turned for that as well!

We are also pleased to announce that we are going to be partnering up with X-Aviation. They will be offering exciting product announcements, and special coupon codes to be used on your purchases for X-Pilot.com forum members only! Being able to offer this is a huge benefit to everyone, as X-Aviation is quickly building it's catalog with high quality products that tailor to everyone.

X-Pilot.com is committed to a non-censorship type community where everyone is entitled to their own opinion without being worried that a moderator or administrator will knock them down. As much as opinions may hurt some, they often times end up making a product stronger!

Let the fun begin...

We'll see you in the skies!

X-Pilot Administration

Good on ya guys!  :)

The community could use some fresh thinking, without all the dramas going on elsewhere. Who better to take on the role as community leaders than the ones I'd like to consider to be the key developers for X-Plane, the very same people that keep pushing the boundaries, taking X-Plane to new heights in terms of what can be accomplished and the quality you represent. I'll be rooting for you...

Best of luck guys!

Good on ya guys!  :)

The community could use some fresh thinking, without all the dramas going on elsewhere. Who better to take on the role as community leaders than the ones I'd like to consider to be the key developers for X-Plane, the very same people that keep pushing the boundaries, taking X-Plane to new heights in terms of what can be accomplished and the quality you represent. I'll be rooting for you...

Best of luck guys!

Much agreed, Dan! I think it's great that a culmination of so many talented parties are joining forces to create what looks to be a nice and organized community.

I'm excited to see what the future here holds.

Wow.

Does this mean that there really is intelligent life in the XP universe?

Congratulations, gentlemen.  You've clearly thought about your goals and how to achieve them.  And the site has a refreshingly clean design--parece levemente español...

I'm honored to be among you.

Wow.

Does this mean that there really is intelligent life in the XP universe?

Congratulations, gentlemen.  You've clearly thought about your goals and how to achieve them.  And the site has a refreshingly clean design--parece levemente español...

I'm honored to be among you.

Dave (and all others),

Thank you for your comments. It is definitely a motivating force when others share our thoughts, wants, and appreciate the hard work that goes into making it a reality!

The X-Plane community has, for a long time, deserved something professional and informative. We hope to be able to offer this here right from the start.

Thanks for your interest and support! Without the community...well, there is none!

X-Pilot.com is committed to a non-censorship type community where everyone is entitled to their own opinion without being worried that a moderator or administrator will knock them down. As much as opinions may hurt some, they often times end up making a product stronger!

This is something I've been unable to find so far in a X-Plane community, and I thank you for working this idea.

It's rare that I add a new forum to my list of favorites, but I am getting the feeling that this may be one... :P

Thank you all!

This is something I've been unable to find so far in a X-Plane community, and I thank you for working this idea.

It's rare that I add a new forum to my list of favorites, but I am getting the feeling that this may be one... :)

Thank you all!

Welcome aboard, Kaphias and thank you for the comments! It's great to have you here. :P

Hello all,

Thank you all the administrators for this initiative.  I firmly think it is a big step forward to the international x-plane community. Some open minds and fresh ideas where very much needed, and are very much welcomed :) I wish the best to x-pilot.com!!

Mac

Aloha X-Pilot founders,

It is exciting to see new place combining so much passion for X-Plane. The setup looks neat and to the point. I wish you lots of luck and success with this endeavour.

My time is limited, cos of flying around and exploring cool places with X-Plane. I've found for myself that keeping track of just a few forums is already too much for me. Could you help me understand what this new gathering place can provide to us X-Plane pilots / designers what others don't have? Something like a one-liner or mission statement would be cool, like when one describes an URL.

(As a matter of fact, I'm working on my personal X-Plane site, and am working on listing cool links. So, my goal is simple: "X-Plane World as seen by GlowWorm"  ;-) )

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi, and thanks for the welcome. I'm a newbie here, but have been an XP'r for a couple of years now, since V8.10.

It'll be refreshing to see some different points of view than are available elsewhere, and especially nice to have add-on files that won't be "held hostage" on only one website.

Happy landings!

Dean 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Good day everyone from a XP newbie. 

Well received my DVed set over the weekend and finally managed to install it last night (9.21) Also managed to spend about 10 min flying a circuit before I had to go. Wonderful expereince.  Been flying FSX for 2 years and must say my short expereince so far shows that XP is much more realistic.  I am converted! 

Any tips on useful plug-ins or downloads I can use?

cheers

Good day everyone from a XP newbie. 

Well received my DVed set over the weekend and finally managed to install it last night (9.21) Also managed to spend about 10 min flying a circuit before I had to go. Wonderful expereince.  Been flying FSX for 2 years and must say my short expereince so far shows that XP is much more realistic.  I am converted! 

Any tips on useful plug-ins or downloads I can use?

cheers

MNG,

Glad you find your experience well! Any idea what kind of flying you do? If you fly at larger airports, you can download a plugin called "airport navigator" available here: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=4930

There is a multitude (more than 4000) of downloads available over at the .org as well.

• 7 months later...

Hi there,

Sorry for digging it out. Just wanted to say “hi”. Have been registered here for a little while and enjoyed reading all the posted informations.

Good job guys. Taking an opportunity I want ask you for one thing: *please*, do not let that site look like dotorg within the time. Is so messy over there. Regardless informations which can be found there, I am now talking about the layout and user-feel-experience.

CRJ-200 - will be my first payware addon. Can't wait anymore. :D

Happy new year and happy landings guys.

Kamil.

Welcome to the site!

I too am a .org convert.. I don't know what it is, but having the people who do the modeling and the building here just adds something to this site that it seemed the .org didn't have. Everyone's so willing to help here - from basic questions to advanced 3d modeling questions.

Welcome aboard :D

CRJ-200 - will be my first payware addon. Can't wait anymore. :D

Not to try to sell you on something.. but I too am waiting for the CRJ with baited breath... in the meantime, I've been loving flying around on short flights in nice scenery in the Mu-2 from www.x-aviation.com. It's the first plane I've flown that has a reallllly nice 3d pit, and it's not too pricey. If you want something nice to cut your teeth on (that's more fun than the default planes), I couldn't recommend the Mu-2 more.

Ha, don't get me started! Yes, the mu 2 is brill, handles and views so well. Javelin and seamax are unique in the world of drab dross and support the creator of the crj. Free xpfr planes can keep u busy while waiting. I'm a xp whore, i'm anybody's, so I've even bought heinz's caravelle, the sounds of that are great. Simon

Hi Inktomi,

Glad you feel this way. This is one of the reasons that the X-Pilot community was formed; to provide an alternative for those wanting a different atmosphere for X-Plane discussions. I believe that all of the developers here, as well as most of those registered on this site, are active in this community for the same reasons.  :D

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I do not remember how I found this site, and cannot explain why I am soooo late.

Following "gossip" nature of typical human being, Rants forum was the first part I read.

After reading some threads in the Rants area, I feel somewhat justified --though sorry-- for having felt uneasy about disappearing people/topics/post in the .org. Thanks for enlightenment.

I wish admins/moderators and contributors success in building an alternative X-Plane community.

Will visit regularly.

I am so excited to be a part of a new and refreshing forum for x-planers. Just by the exciting approach of this forum it is easy to see that this will go a long way toward advancing x-plane. I am happy to be a part of this new vision. thank you all for making this possible  :)