Welcome Aboard, Captains!

X-Pilot

I am currently on FS9 thinking Xplane looks tempting, and after seeing the CRJ-200, I could become a convert if that is how good the aircraft are. That CRJ looks like it should cost over $100.

The CRJ will be groundbreaking, but I'd be careful about talking about "the" aircraft.  But don't let that stop you from trying out X-Plane now.  There's a demo you can download.  A few of the default planes are good, many are not.  But there are gems amongst the payware and freeware and you'll find on this site lots of gems yet to be released.  As for $100, sssshhhh, some of us future customers aren't made of cash  ;D 

I am currently on FS9 thinking Xplane looks tempting, and after seeing the CRJ-200, I could become a convert if that is how good the aircraft are. That CRJ looks like it should cost over $100.

The CRJ will be groundbreaking, but I'd be careful about talking about "the" aircraft.  But don't let that stop you from trying out X-Plane now.  There's a demo you can download.  A few of the default planes are good, many are not.  But there are gems amongst the payware and freeware and you'll find on this site lots of gems yet to be released.  As for $100, sssshhhh, some of us future customers aren't made of cash  ;D 

Agree wholeheartedly! Yes, a new era's dawning, but you gotta try the existing paywares especially - I've just been flying Jason Chandler's BX206 helo to death, it feels so right...(that sounds dirty.. ;D ) plus my video channel's clogged with Javier's creations that will go down in history as the start of something big. Gotta keep everyone happy, so yes, the Mu-2 has made me poorer too, the handling of that is appropriately scary, and so on.

And yes, $100 is far too much, $15.95 with a free Javelin and steak knives (seamax insignia engraved) will be better, might have me interested  :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, and thanks for the welcome  :)  not to mention the site itself.

Being registered literally for only a few minutes, I have one comment:

As much as I truly appreciate the email you sent acknowledging my registration here, as a matter of policy you really ought not to send both the user name and the password in clear text in the same email... :o  ???  :o

Now it's time to do a little exploring...

Ciao,

GKP

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello chaps - Glad to have found you! Zach pointed me in your direction, and it's grand to see a site with a content that seems to focus a little more on development rather than adds :) I'm sure I'll spend far more time in here than I should :D

Glad u stopped by Hal. Yeah this is a great forum, but with your way with words, it will be even better! That's if you don't get banned too soon....just don't upset Cameron by teasing his stuttering or deformities, we are all special in this world :-)

I will attempt to reign in my scintillating wit on the subject of stuttering and deformities then.

I'm sure Cameron is a perfectly competent mod despite being "special". :)

Edit- is it just me, or is there a statistically significant number of Aussies in here?

Yes, the Aussie rep'n is way above what you'd expect, like with all things we do, like swimming, surfing, sometimes tennis and road fatalities  ;D

Especially including our New Zealand neighbors who we like to think of as our Third Territory anyway (well we claim all their movie stars like Sam Neill etc).

Not sure why though, maybe it's the tyranny of distance.

Dont forget those great "Aussies" Crowded House as well..... although I'm hoping our Kiwi bro's will take back Russell Crowe one day...

Beej

Yes, the Aussie rep'n is way above what you'd expect, like with all things we do, like swimming, surfing, sometimes tennis and road fatalities  ;D

Especially including our New Zealand neighbors who we like to think of as our Third Territory anyway (well we claim all their movie stars like Sam Neill etc).

Not sure why though, maybe it's the tyranny of distance.

Yah, I think the "theres rules and then theres common sense" air around here tends to sit better with us Aussies.

No harm, no foul.

Act like a fool and expect to be sat down on your ass for some thinkin time though. :)

..bit like a good family pub. blokes can swear, kids can play in bare feet. Good vibes, mostly..

Yah, I think the "theres rules and then theres common sense" air around here tends to sit better with us Aussies.

No harm, no foul.

Act like a fool and expect to be sat down on your ass for some thinkin time though. :D

..bit like a good family pub. blokes can swear, kids can play in bare feet. Good vibes, mostly..

Which is why I love X-Pilot so much  :)

I will attempt to reign in my scintillating wit on the subject of stuttering and deformities then.

I'm sure Cameron is a perfectly competent mod despite being "special". :D

Edit- is it just me, or is there a statistically significant number of Aussies in here?

Welcome aboard, Hal. Great to have you here! :)

Ah - not what you said when you banned me from the shoutbox Joe! :)

(Don't worry - no hard feelings here. Was full of impotent internet-rage at the time however! I was spittin' chips - sending PM's to Nicolas telling him to erase everything I'd ever uploaded to the .org and exactly what he should stuff up his shoutbox. I must have been quite interesting to watch, from a purely anthropological point of view, hunched over the keyboard in my darkened flat, bare chested and howling obscenities at the moon like some kind of drunken, scottish werewolf, cutting my skin with broken glass and chipping my teeth on my laptop. He sent me a very nice message telling me would I please calm down, and that I'd been unbanned, and that would I please stop swearing at him now, thank you very much. And then I realised that I was being "kind of a dick" really, and went and played with my boy instead. It's funny what the internet will do to a man. I'm actually really sweet in real life tm.)

• 11 months later...

Hi- new here. I am coming up on some flight evals at work, and I like to make that a good excuse to do some good IFR simming, as my instruments are a bit weak since it is winter time and we cannot fly in icing conditions. I am a veteran of FSX, but I have built a new rig recently, and I don't feel like starting all over again trying to make that software turd float by using a payware raft.

I have always liked the concept of X-Plane; especially the flight dynamics, due to the calculation engine behind it, but I have held off for some time to see where it goes. I am stoked that X-plane now has Carenado and REX on board. Its obviously only going to get bigger as time goes on and more addon developers find their way here. I think XP10's maturity years wil be where FSX becomes passed up by the numbers, and the majority of simmers will be here in within another couple years. Anyways, I am gonna try XP10 for the first time this weekend and see how it goes.

• 10 months later...

Greetings,

I am new to this community... and quite surprised that I hadn't heard about it until recently considering how long I've been at X-Plane.org.

I'm not sure why another community that is nearly the same as X-Plane.org would pop-up, but perhaps it has to do with "drama" I wouldn't want to know about, so we'll skip that and move to a question I'd like to ask here:

Are the resources in this "DM" the same as those in X-Plane.org?  I.E., Are resources "shared" between the two communities or must each author upload at both sites to ensure file availability in both communities?  Thanks! :)

Thanks, The Noob!

Are the resources in this "DM" the same as those in X-Plane.org?  I.E., Are resources "shared" between the two communities or must each author upload at both sites to ensure file availability in both communities?  Thanks! :)

Thanks, The Noob!

Nothing here is shared. People come here and upload files here on their own, or vice versa. Some files are only here, some files are only "there." Some files are on both.

Welcome to X-Pilot! :)

Welcome to X-Pilot Wherli!

I find that the caliber of the contributors here is higher - i.e. got some heavyweight developers who are regulars (Including Laminar people). It's more "boutique" in that regard. I'd call it a "High Signal to Noise Ratio" =)

Likewise, less "riff raff" so to speak. It's more like a private club of enthusiasts, rather than a meeting place for the masses.

Enjoy!

- CK.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the welcome, Chris and Cameron.  ;)  I'll peruse the sight over the coming weeks to get more familiar with it.  Right now I'll grab a few goodies from the file library....

Are there any plans to add a features list for aircraft uploads, like x-plane.org's "Custom Panel: Y/N", Custom Sounds: Y/N", etc.?