Xplane Failures on TorqueSim SR22 don't seem to be working

MMK

I have the TorqueSim SR22TN and X-Plane 11 and it is working well, except that the failures (ALT failure, high RPM / governer failure, ADC failure, etc) related to systems don‘t work when I triggering them in X-Plane (airspeed indicator failure does work). Could you perhaps advise whom to contact to trouble shoot?

Edited by MMK

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Coincidentally, I discovered this today as well, and now after finding this thread, I must say that I find it to be a really bizarre business decision. Of course, it is your business decision to make. It is, however, extremely disappointing that I can't do something as basic as simulate an engine failure in the sim on a product that sells for $64.99. That's hardly a commercial use case, and it's not a product limitation that I've encountered with any other of the many X-Plane aircraft that I've purchased over the years.

14 hours ago, clarkmueller said:

That's hardly a commercial use case, and it's not a product limitation that I've encountered with any other of the many X-Plane aircraft that I've purchased over the years.

I'd like to provide some context for our decision to restrict certain features, such as simulating an engine failure via X-Plane's failure system. Unlike many other products in the market, our aircraft simulation is approved by the FAA and is extensively used in the flight training market. This approval process involves stringent guidelines and requirements, which sometimes necessitate limiting certain functionalities in the standard consumer version of the product (it's also a very expensive undertaking).

The restriction of certain features, like engine failure simulation, is in place to align with these guidelines and to ensure that the product is used appropriately within its intended training context. This approach helps maintain the integrity and realism of the simulation for professional training purposes.

We understand that this might be disappointing for enthusiasts and hobbyists who are looking for a comprehensive simulation experience. We appreciate your feedback and take it into consideration as we continue to develop and improve our products. Our goal is always to strike a balance between meeting the needs of our diverse customer base and adhering to regulatory requirements.

Thank you for your understanding and for bringing your concerns to our attention. If you have any further questions or need additional information, please feel free to reach out.

Edited by Coop