No ILS ID and Loc information

Floater

Hi Guys.
i just came back to the TBM after a longer pause and I noticed that I don`t see any Loc information. GS works. 
In addition the ILS ID is also not displayed on the PFD. 
The attached Screenshots are from testing in EDDV ILS09L and R. 
But I also had no luck in EGLC and EDDH.

Hope you are able to help.
Tim

X-Plane Screenshot 2020.12.08 - 13.30.57.60.png

X-Plane Screenshot 2020.12.08 - 13.31.52.76.png

Hi - I just came to the support forum after searching for why I couldn't get the ILS LOC to work and see that this is an ongoing / known issue for the past 6-ish months.  I am very disappointed that I just spent $65 for a product that doesn't work.  Do we have a timeline for an update or are my comments going to be met with the same condescension as past customers have?  I am debating doing a charge-back at this point as I feel a disclaimer should have been placed on the main product page and no timeline updates have been given as far as I can tell.

54 minutes ago, rkarp said:

Do we have a timeline for an update or are my comments going to be met with the same condescension as past customers have?

There have been consistent updates about this in threads asking. I suggest you read some of @Goran_M's responses. It's quite clear no one is just sitting around twiddling thumbs. You may also take part in the beta by joining the discord.

54 minutes ago, rkarp said:

I am debating doing a charge-back at this point as I feel a disclaimer should have been placed on the main product page and no timeline updates have been given as far as I can tell.

Highly suggest you make yourself aware that disputes will result in immediate termination of your account and associated machine(s) for life without refund. All current and future products will discontinue working, and the dispute will be disputed on our end as well. This is documented in our Terms & Conditions: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/terms_condition.php

You run a gamble playing games like that.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Cameron said:

There have been consistent updates about this in threads asking. I suggest you read some of @Goran_M's responses. It's quite clear no one is just sitting around twiddling thumbs. You may also take part in the beta by joining the discord.

Highly suggest you make yourself aware that disputes will result in immediate termination of your account and associated machine(s) for life without refund. All current and future products will discontinue working, and the dispute will be disputed on our end as well. This is documented in our Terms & Conditions: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/terms_condition.php

You run a gamble playing games like that.

The current product already doesn't work.  Pretty sure I'm protected as a consumer here, just saying...

5 minutes ago, rkarp said:

The current product already doesn't work.  Pretty sure I'm protected as a consumer here, just saying...

I'm not here to debate you. I'm just informing you.

The policies are made clear. Actions can have consequences. I've done my part to explain those consequences to you.

At the end of the day you make your own decisions. :)

• Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, Cameron said:

I'm not here to debate you. I'm just informing you.

The policies are made clear. Actions can have consequences. I've done my part to explain those consequences to you.

At the end of the day you make your own decisions. :)

Mea culpa.

@rkarp

Assuming that you're like me and have neither $4,000,000 to go buy the real thing nor the skillset to make a model that 100.0% accurate then I think the most realistic thing we can do is settle for something like the HotStart TBM 900 that's "only" 99.9% accurate.

As I say to my bank manager, "let's give credit where credit is due"; this small team have produced a study-level aircraft that stands head and shoulders above most of the stock rubbish that's out there. Is it perfect? Nope. But they got orders of magnitude more things right than they did wrong. I'm a picky bastard and even I'm struggling to nit-pick this model.

If you want "unfliable" then give the TMB 930 a go in MSFS; if you're in a non-us country start by setting the sim to use hectopascals instead of inches of mercury ... and note how the model still uses inches of mercury anyway. When you press the button on the yoke to start the timer to time the engine start note how the button depresses, but the timer doesn't start. Once you get the engine started pop it in to high idle for a couple of minutes and note how your ITTs rise to be a temperature in a similar range to the heatshield on a spacecraft re-entering the earth's atmosphere. But hey - no problem - they (apparantly) use a "very special" engine that can withstand these kinds of temps without suffering any damage. When you finally get flying, pop over to my part of the world and fly the X-Ray, Yankee, or zulu SIDs out of NZNS ... just be sure not to hit the surrounding mountainous terrain at night because all 3 are coded incorrectly. And do they ever fix any of these glaring errors? ... apparantly not. For me, that's "unfliable".

In contrast, these good folks have given us something so detailed that you get vapour trails coming from the wings as fuel drains out if you don't put the tank caps back on (don't ask me how I know this) ... circuit breakers that you can pull ... repair costs added to your account as a result of stuff-ups that you make ... and a WHOLE lot more. All for a few bucks.

Is it perfect? Nope - not quite - but almost. Nothing that complex is ever perfect but they do continue to develop the product to eliminate many of these issues free of charge. It's probably never going to happen as fast as people would like - but hey, that's just life.

I don't want an "aeroplane game" - I want an accurate simulation that allows me to experience something that I can't afford to own in real life. And as a result of this program (plus my previous experiences as a private pilot) I'd feel pretty confident about jumping into a real TBM900 and flying it just fine ... and that's TOTALLY down to the model these folks created. So what say we cut them a little slack eh? By far the biggest issue I'm having with this model is that I'm spending far too many hours a week flying it.

Edited by CJSouthern
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1