Problem with TCAS and VNAV

novato X11

Hello I am noticing a problem with the IXEG TCAS this is not reporting the traffic when I am connected to IVAO as shown in the photos, it is possible to update the traffic on the Altitude PILOT Client TCAS but there is no information about this traffic on the Navigation Display. It also seems to have a problem with the VNAV during the descent at a certain fixed point, the altitude information in the FMS goes blank and the others are present, but when trying to enter the manual altitude the aircraft cannot follow the descent profile and its speed and altitude restrictions. I'm making the log available for analysis, any questions I am available.
Note: even if the TCAS scan mode is changed to TA / TARA or UP and down and BOTH the traffic does not appear.

Desktop Screenshot 2020.12.06 - 11.57.08.46.png

Log.txt GizmoLog.txt

Hi Novato,

I have no idea what is going on with IVAO - we made the TCAS to show the targets as available in X-Plane (AI aircraft) with those datarefs. I thought it was working with VATSIM and IVAO as well, if it isn´t then that would be up to the IVAO client to emulate correctly, I think.

VNAV descents can be quirky, that is a known issue. Pretty much the only descent profile that works well is a normal descent from cruising altitude without altitude or speed restrictions. Entering restrictions is possible, but VNAV will likely not follow them. If you encounter problems with the VNAV calculations, revert to a V/S or FL CHG descent to meet the mandatory restrictions. We are looking to improve this in the future!

Look here, the last point in the "FMS" section: https://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/8526-things-that-are-not-going-to-be-in-v133/

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Litjan said:

Hi Novato,

I have no idea what is going on with IVAO - we made the TCAS to show the targets as available in X-Plane (AI aircraft) with those datarefs. I thought it was working with VATSIM and IVAO as well, if it isn´t then that would be up to the IVAO client to emulate correctly, I think.

VNAV descents can be quirky, that is a known issue. Pretty much the only descent profile that works well is a normal descent from cruising altitude without altitude or speed restrictions. Entering restrictions is possible, but VNAV will likely not follow them. If you encounter problems with the VNAV calculations, revert to a V/S or FL CHG descent to meet the mandatory restrictions. We are looking to improve this in the future!

Look here, the last point in the "FMS" section: https://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/8526-things-that-are-not-going-to-be-in-v133/

Cheers, Jan

Thank you Litjan, you are always very helpful, yes it is what I have done to revert to a descent V / S or FL CHG, a new update for the Altitude Pilot Client has come out. Captain greetings.