Apparent G1000 Bearing Bug

gscottfuller

In the TBM 900 G-1000, I cannot get either Bearing 1 or Bearing 2 to indicate the next GPS destination in the flight plan or display the bearing arrows in the OBS in GPS mode. It is not caused by either the GPS data being out of date (just updated to latest Airac) or by X-Plane itself as these functions work fine in other X-Plane planes. Any suggestions on how to fix this? The bearing function is vital to good navigation practices and realism. Many thanks.

Just uninstalled TBM and reinstalled. Opened up the new TBM in X-Plane with same results. The BRG 1 and BRG2 both say "GPS" "No Data" rather than displaying the Direct To Waypoint in the FPL. And again no bearing arrows in the OBS. Please let me know what other troubleshooting steps I can take. I am not having this problem with any other planes in X-Plane. Thanks!

Yes, I've turned it on and cycled through to the GPS window in BRG 1 which immediately shows the problem. It says NO DATA rather than showing the airport or waypoint that is active as shown in the screenshot. I cannot get the BRG 1 window to register the active waypoint in the FPL which in the case of the screenshot is KVAX.

On 12/13/2020 at 4:48 PM, Goran_M said:

Not really sure what is happening here on your side, but we'll investigate a little further.

Just checking in on this issue. Still not able to see either BRG1 or BRG2 arrows on the OBS dial. Could that be impacted by scenery plug-ins like Orbx TE or custom airports? But I have this issue everywhere - even away from custom scenery and airports. Thanks.

Possibly the only way you're going to get to the bottom of it will be via a clean install. The only reason I have XP is because MSFS2020 TBM 930 p*ssed me off so much - so all I have is XP & the TBM900 - and everything seems to work pretty much "as advertised".

I know it's a bit of a pain but you might need to do a clean install - verify that it works - then add things one at a time to see what breaks it.