Odd weather conflicts

dirmer3

I use Skymaxx pro with RWC and have noticed some weird weather conflicts.

For example, the weather will be clear skies and beautiful, yet I am hearing thunder and even sometimes seeing rain. I look at the default xplane weather and it shows stormy, which must be why I'm hearing thunder, yet there shouldn't be any.

Okay, I thought, maybe if I up my game and get FS global real weather. That should fix it, since it's injecting the weather into xplane. Nope, same problem.

It's even showing up on the weather radar, yet there isn't (and shouldn't be) any storms.

What's going on here? I don't remember having this issue before.

I've also noticed sudden abrupt winds aloft changes that don't mesh up with what FSGRW says they should be. For example, 45 knot winds instead of the 25 it should be.

I am using pilot edge, but I don't think that would do anything, would it?

Any idea what's causing this?

Edited by dirmer3

58 minutes ago, dirmer3 said:

For example, the weather will be clear skies and beautiful, yet I am hearing thunder and even sometimes seeing rain. I look at the default xplane weather and it shows stormy, which must be why I'm hearing thunder, yet there shouldn't be any.

Can you post a screenshot of:

1. Your main X-Plane folder

2. Your Real Weather settings in the SkyMaxx Pro menu?

59 minutes ago, dirmer3 said:

I've also noticed sudden abrupt winds aloft changes that don't mesh up with what FSGRW says they should be. For example, 45 knot winds instead of the 25 it should be.

I am using pilot edge, but I don't think that would do anything, would it?

SkyMaxx Pro and RWC actually don't touch or interact in any way with winds, so I'm afraid that's going to come down to either FSGRW or Pilot Edge (pretty sure they inject winds).

Here are those screen shots as requested.

I was able to get the correct weather back by stopping FSGRW and reinjecting the weather. It seems to start out fine on the ground but changes sometime during climb or cruise. I noticed in the default XP weather settings it's suppose to be on "from customer METAR" but changes over to "Manually Configured" at some point which is what causes the issue.

Just another note, this happened without FSGRW (I bought FSGRW to see if it would fix the issue and give me better wind aloft) and PilotEdge does not inject weather. So I think it's safe to assume Skymaxx is the culprit.

Your help is much appreciated.

MainXP.jpg

RWCSettings.jpg

Example.jpg

Edited by dirmer3

SkyMaxx Pro does nothing that would affect winds or your weather radar display. That all comes from X-Plane's internal weather system. Even with RWC, we don't actually "inject weather," we just read the weather data that's provided to us from X-Plane. RWC's job is to interpret that in more detail to produce localized areas of clouds in SkyMaxx Pro.

That all said - if you're seeing nothing but clear skies regardless of what the default X-Plane weather and your radar is saying, I suspect this may be a licensing issue. If SkyMaxx Pro cannot validate its license, it will refuse to draw its clouds, leading to clear skies no matter what. There should be a message to this effect in your log.txt file; if you could post that we could look for it.

Another possibility is that it's a timing issue and the new weather conditions appeared in X-Plane after SkyMaxx Pro already set up the clouds for the scene. In this case, the new weather should appear within a few minutes, but you can force it to happen immediately with the "force weather reload" option in the SkyMaxx Pro menu.

Just in case, here is my log.txt.

There not being any clouds is not the problem, the weather didn't call for any clouds. When necessary, it draws the clouds just fine.

I had another idea - perhaps it was this XVisability LUA script I was using. Perhaps that was messing things up. So, I deleted fly with LUA and did another flight this morning. Everything seemed to work out okay. Must have been that.

I'll do some more testing today and make sure everything is okay and let you know if not. In the mean time, please look at my log.txt and make sure there's nothing out of the ordinary.

Thanks for all your time and help! I sincerely appreciate it.

Log.txt

I'm doing a flight this morning and encountered the same problem again. Weather changes to manual and shows storm in the xplane weather settings. Convinced this is a skymaxx issue again.

After disabling skymaxx things go back to normal.

Edited by dirmer3

6 hours ago, sundog said:

Have you tried selecting "force weather reload" when this happens?

Also, what is your RWC set to? If you're not using FSGRW, it should be set back to "automatic".

Yeah, I tried that. For now, the work around is just to go back into flight configuration and change the weather back to automatic. It's a very strange bug and doesn't happen every flight. I can't figure out how or why the sim changes from real world weather to manual by itself.

I have RWC set to automatic when not using FSGRW and FSGRW external injector when I am.

I have decided not to use FSGRW, what a waste of $50. Using FSGRW, I don't get turbulence and the weather pops in when it reloads. Part of the reason I got Skymaxx was because the weather doesn't reload like it does with default. Plus I get better frames, which is nice.

Overall, I like Skymaxx. Performance is way better than XEnviro.