Engine Audio Opinion

dresoccer4

Just stating my opinion/observation, seeing if anyone else feels this way. I have a lot of addons and fly on XP almost every day. I really like the Islander and think it's top-class material and use it a lot for island hopping. The only issue I have currently is with the engine sounds. Something sounds off about them to me. Like they're missing the upper ranges of the sound. There's surely a lot of bass and it's throaty, but the higher parts seem muted/missing. Examples below.

Here's a video I took of startup in the sim, and a high quality video of a BN-2 starting up in real life. The real life one has really great/full range of sounds. The highs and the lows. Does anyone else feel like there's a really big discrepancy between the two? Or am I crazy :D

My Recording:
https://streamable.com/iljtko

Real Life:

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 3:14 AM, Attitude said:

Completely new FMOD in the works. Once I am done I will post a video showcasing it and if it needs any improvements I will take the necessary steps to correct it. I once had it near perfect...Then stuff happened...

oh, awesome! I didn't expect that. Looking forward to it. That would really be the last thing this plane needs overall it's almost perfect.

• Like 1