Selling a plane that will not start. Yep.

Rivegauche610

Hey, great job. Following instructions - and I’m a pilot IRL also - can't get your SR22 to turn over. Oh yes, great job. Fifty five bucks for what? Using Saitek TPM, switch panel, T16000 stick (alpha yoke also available) and trying to use RealSimGear, too, but that's hopeless. What's the secret, except for calling oneself a sim company and making money off customers? Is this the best you can do?
I followed instructions, primed appropriately, did it all by the numbers. Your plane just sits there. Fifty five bucks, folks.

Edited by Rivegauche610
  • Downvote 5

I too am using a RealSimGear setup. Mine is a G1000 Suite. And my combo works fine. I say that simply to convey that you have reason to hope yours will work too.

When you say the "plane just sits there," after priming and trying to start, do you mean the plane doesn't make any sounds at all, not even during your prime, or that you can hear the prime and the prop spins a bit but the engine doesn't start?

If it's an engine-doesn't-start problem, try setting the throttle at a much lower power setting than the one you've been using. I've found that the engine won't start with the throttle pushed forward a bit, but will start with the throttle pulled back.

1 hour ago, Rivegauche610 said:

Hey, great job. Following instructions - and I’m a pilot IRL also

I don't know the relevancy of you being a pilot is, but since you made it a topic of discussion, the FAA seems to think you're not. I guess we can discuss that if you really want. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Rivegauche610 said:

What's the secret, except for calling oneself a sim company and making money off customers? Is this the best you can do?

Oh, I don't know. It probably goes along the lines of being a respectable human seeking help from users and developers instead of making a spectacle of yourself.

Should we try this again?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Well, congratulations, Cameron. You've discovered my secret. I fly with a CFI because of a rare and incurable medical condition I have plus being a disabled vet. The FAA won't give me a certificate, and rightly so, but in the course of my life I have been privileged to learn how to fly a couple small planes, so, lacking the official credential, I still consider myself modestly qualified in a very small way. I can easily aviate, navigate, communicate and land the plane if the old fellow in the right seat passes away while aloft. So now, like at MAGAt rallies, you can raise aloft my scalp with a hearty bellow and they'll all respond with appropriate grunting and leaping about. Now as to your software, I mentioned the real-life experience because I can follow directions, use checklists and start airplane engines. Your SR22 has resisted my logical and methodical efforts, causing substantial but not insurmountable frustration, but enough to no longer want to use it ... after all, in such cases "persistence is futile." I commend all those who made it work without any effort on their own parts, and they were lucky enough to not be the target of your vengeful - and intrusive - research online at the FAA's web resources in order to win an argument. I own many X-Plane "aircraft" and they all work quite well and I will continue to use them, but I will limit even more my interactions with the sim community online because though I find some users are like the more empathetic posters above, most creators, like you, have a short fuse and are therefore unpleasant to encounter, especially if they can't deal effectively with those who are on the fringes of the bell curve for any reason. If I can have my money back I will go away quietly and you can have in return the hormonal thrill of banning me from your forum, and then you can re-post my comments - excerpted, out of context, for maximum effect - as examples so you can show your followers what a tough - and aggrieved - moderator you are. In return I will delete your product from my drives and never buy anything from you again. Otherwise, although I have already tried all the things the more patient posters above have suggested, if I had gotten it to work it would have been through their suggestions and my own efforts and not by public humiliation which you evidently use for some reason only you can fathom. So I'd rather not use your plane anymore; it will just remind me of you. Shall we then call it a stalemate? You might instead try second-guessing your customers' raison d'etres and use a softer approach no matter how the customer sounds because you never really know what's going on with them. Some of them could actually be dying. And doing so always makes you look like the bigger man, which should appeal to you.

I apologize to the other users for my intrusion.

• Downvote 3

30 minutes ago, Rivegauche610 said:

Well, congratulations, Cameron. You've discovered my secret. I fly with a CFI because of a rare and incurable medical condition I have plus being a disabled vet. The FAA won't give me a certificate, and rightly so, but in the course of my life I have been privileged to learn how to fly a couple small planes, so, lacking the official credential, I still consider myself modestly qualified in a very small way. I can easily aviate, navigate, communicate and land the plane if the old fellow in the right seat passes away while aloft.

Honestly, I don't know what to believe or not to believe with you. It's similar to the boy who cried wolf. You're the one that tried to bring your real life experience to this. You're the one that said "I’m a pilot IRL". You're the one that came in here raising hell for no reason other than your own short fuse. All of these things are not my problem. You are trying to seemingly make them mine by giving a story to go with being caught up in not truly being a pilot in IRL. You've already made it evident you're willing to go to great lengths to create drama through stories, so I'm not going to fall victim to another.

34 minutes ago, Rivegauche610 said:

Your SR22 has resisted my logical and methodical efforts, causing substantial but not insurmountable frustration, but enough to no longer want to use it ... after all, in such cases "persistence is futile." I commend all those who made it work without any effort on their own parts

You would have been better off just being a polite adult seeking assistance. Not once did you attempt such. Not here, not in a support ticket, not in the news article comment section. You went guns blazing from the get-go.

37 minutes ago, Rivegauche610 said:

most creators, like you, have a short fuse and are therefore unpleasant to encounter

I think you need to reflect back on how you started things here, then we can talk about short fuses. Did you really get the impression that I, as a human, should just take your garbage behavior and be okay with it? Do you really think most any person would? I certainly don't. This is basic human interactions 101. As a business owner yourself, I imagine you would know this first hand.

41 minutes ago, Rivegauche610 said:

If I can have my money back I will go away quietly and you can have in return the hormonal thrill of banning me from your forum, and then you can re-post my comments - excerpted, out of context, for maximum effect - as examples so you can show your followers what a tough - and aggrieved - moderator you are.

Our refund policy is here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/refund_policy.php

I do not have a desire, need or thrill in removing your posts and creating some out of context thing. In the grand scheme of things, this whole interaction is insignificant to me. People can see your posts and judge for themselves. 

46 minutes ago, Rivegauche610 said:

You might instead try second-guessing your customers' raison d'etres and use a softer approach no matter how the customer sounds because you never really know what's going on with them.

This is honestly just deflection. At the end of the day, businesses all over the world reserve the right to refuse service. They do this for the very reason that taking a customer's abusive behavior is not going to be tolerated. I certainly won't tolerate it here either.

This is simple. Be civil, get a civil response. Be an ass, and I'll help you to the door. I'm sure you're fully capable of being a rational adult. Try it every now and again. You might be surprised at the results.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2020 at 10:38 AM, Rivegauche610 said:

Hey, great job. Following instructions - and I’m a pilot IRL also - can't get your SR22 to turn over. Oh yes, great job. Fifty five bucks for what?

In what reality would you expect this to get a pleasant, respectful and courteous response??  This was the very first line of your very first post in this thread.  Absolutely no one will roll over to this.

Edited by Goran_M
  • Like 2

So now, like at MAGAt rallies, you can raise aloft my scalp with a hearty bellow and they'll all respond with appropriate grunting and leaping about. 

I'm sure more than a few people were inclined to help you until they read this irrelevant line, among others.  Being personally frustrated with one's software purchase due to technical issues is understandable.  We've all been there.  Yet judging from your diatribe, your behavior is the very embodiment of those you proclaim to abhor.  Perhaps a little self-reflection is in order?  Best of luck to you. 

Edited by mgchrist5
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

One of those guys who likes to blame others when things don't work out for him? Always somebody else's fault, eh?  When you have a product that works for 99 people but not 1.....it's not the product's fault and it is an immense success from the developer. ALL software has issues, because ALL computer setups are different from each other....nothing out of the ordinary there.

How about opening your query with a neutral question that doesn't attack anybody? You're more likely to garner effective help.  I realize you've been through a lot in life, and it's amazing that you are still pushing forward....but by even mentioning that you come across as bitter and contradictory.  I would expect better from a person of your stature.