ovation freezing/stuttering

giaco

HI, I just bougt your plane, but, in vr, as soon as i start the engine i have consistentand "rhythmic" stuttering/freezing behaviour

i checked the plugin menager and i noted the m20 plugin takes me  8 fps and according with the graphic more than half "cake"

I have a lot of payware planes and a quite powerfull pc but i never ad this kind of experience....could ypu help me to solve it please?

my specs: i9 9700k oc 4.9, 32 gb ram 3600, rtx 2080 ti, ssd samsung evo pro 2tb,  hp reverb 

that's a short video of the plugin cake that show exactly how the stuttering is

331622139_2020-11-2917-27-04.mkv

Edited by giaco

I did some tests.

i removd all "not commercial" plugin i had and nothing changed

after that i tarted to disable the plugin by the plugin manager and i discover that disaling UWXP, the stutter was removed,

re-enable it again sometime the stutter came back some time not, but at this point, entering in vr from 2d, everytime i had a CTD.

So I decided to remove completely UWXP from xplane, BUT... even without UWXP I had the same stuttering of the begin  !!!!!

i tryed again (without uwxp installed) to disable one by one all the others plugin but with no help.

that's so strange.... for sure at the begin i thought was a fault of uwxp (even if i think i'm not the only uwxp user here) but now

I'm really confused

I did some more tests.

I focused on uwxp as the begin and i had this results:

1. not  plane with engine on, cloudy day 45 fps  i have stutters

2. switches off uwxp: fps aroun 55, stutters disappeared but started again after around 20 seconds (fps still the same)

3. switch on again uwxp: fps again aroun 40-45, stutters  disappeared but started again after around 20 seconds, fps 40

looking at the "performance cake", it's like after a while, the m20 plugin starts from 0% of resources (when there is no stuttering) going to 33% and blinking every second from 33% to 17%

here the video

639101684_2020-11-3009-44-19.mkv

No i found the problem... this behaviour is caused by the gizmo plugin..(both stable or beta)

it i disable gizmo and i wait for a while, everythings is ok....

the strange thing is that i had already gizmo installed for other planes and i never had problem with them

Edited by giaco

well... here again, i tested more and more and I found (it looks like) that the cause is not gizmo itself but

the aicraft menu option "enable wear based failure", removing that everything looks ok....

for now i can keep disable but i would like you can take a look and solve it thanks