Pitch oscillations whilst using VNAV descent?

dipperdolphin

Hi Dipperdolphin,

I am not quite sure what you are seeing - keep in mind that the VNAV descent path is still not working reliably in all situations - it is one of the parts that is only working under certain circumstances. Here is a complete list of what is still "under construction" as of now:

https://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/8526-things-that-are-not-going-to-be-in-v133/

I did not see our aircraft "oscillate" while on the path, though (it is either working quite well or totally off the beaten path ;)) - a slight variation of rate of descent would be quite normal, though, to adhere to the calculated geometric path. There is also other functionality where the plane will add bursts of power in case of higher than calculated headwinds, etc.

If you want to post a video of what you are seeing, I might be able to diagnose it better.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

• 1 year later...
On 11/27/2020 at 4:13 PM, Litjan said:

Hi Dipperdolphin,

I am not quite sure what you are seeing - keep in mind that the VNAV descent path is still not working reliably in all situations - it is one of the parts that is only working under certain circumstances. Here is a complete list of what is still "under construction" as of now:

https://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/8526-things-that-are-not-going-to-be-in-v133/

I did not see our aircraft "oscillate" while on the path, though (it is either working quite well or totally off the beaten path ;)) - a slight variation of rate of descent would be quite normal, though, to adhere to the calculated geometric path. There is also other functionality where the plane will add bursts of power in case of higher than calculated headwinds, etc.

If you want to post a video of what you are seeing, I might be able to diagnose it better.

Cheers, Jan

Thanks, think it's down to winds combined with the flaky vnav - using the banana and vs to get down now :D 

• Like 1