Questions about high manifold pressure and high oil pressure during takeoff

sho69607

For some reason I am getting a high oil pressure warning and a high manifold FF warning during takeoff and climb and I am not sure why. If I advance my throttle above 60-70% these warnings appear. The checklist I am following says to use 100% power during takeoff, but doing so will trigger these warnings. What am I doing wrong here?

This was brought up in an earlier thread and actually is in the Cirrus POH/Flight Manuals as well as the TorqueSim version of the POH included with the plane. 

My response from the earlier thread is below.  I've not found yet what is proper procedure from pilots more knowledgable than me.

-----------

I'm not a pilot, just a newbie flight sim guy (since late May 2020) who really wants to fly the TorqueSim SR22 "by the book" as they say.  So, I bought a digital version of the Cirrus Flight Operation Manual for the SR22!  Here's a quote from the book about this issue:

“During the first takeoff of the day in an SR22T or SR22TN, due to relatively low engine oil temperature and associated higher oil pressures, engine manifold pressure may exceed limits. This is acceptable, but if this occurs, pilots should smoothly reduce power to bring it back below red-line. In subsequent flights with higher engine oil temperatures, verify that the power lever can be moved to full forward and remain within limits. If not, then the system should be adjusted.

Excerpt From
Flight Operations Manual
Cirrus Aircraft
https://books.apple.com/us/book/flight-operations-manual/id1072487639
This material may be protected by copyright

Maybe one of the SR22 pilots can comment further.  I've been reducing power, typically all the way to manifold pressure of 29.5 (it still shows yellow at 29.6).  I've not found a source yet that talks about how far to cut power back (just to yellow or all the way to green).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memcbride said:

This was brought up in an earlier thread and actually is in the Cirrus POH/Flight Manuals as well as the TorqueSim version of the POH included with the plane. 

My response from the earlier thread is below.  I've not found yet what is proper procedure from pilots more knowledgable than me.

-----------

I'm not a pilot, just a newbie flight sim guy (since late May 2020) who really wants to fly the TorqueSim SR22 "by the book" as they say.  So, I bought a digital version of the Cirrus Flight Operation Manual for the SR22!  Here's a quote from the book about this issue:

“During the first takeoff of the day in an SR22T or SR22TN, due to relatively low engine oil temperature and associated higher oil pressures, engine manifold pressure may exceed limits. This is acceptable, but if this occurs, pilots should smoothly reduce power to bring it back below red-line. In subsequent flights with higher engine oil temperatures, verify that the power lever can be moved to full forward and remain within limits. If not, then the system should be adjusted.

Excerpt From
Flight Operations Manual
Cirrus Aircraft
https://books.apple.com/us/book/flight-operations-manual/id1072487639
This material may be protected by copyright

Maybe one of the SR22 pilots can comment further.  I've been reducing power, typically all the way to manifold pressure of 29.5 (it still shows yellow at 29.6).  I've not found a source yet that talks about how far to cut power back (just to yellow or all the way to green).

Okay thank you so much.